Sunday, January 27, 2008

He will be greatly missed

Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints passed away this evening in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was 97 years old, and has been living a life of service to the Church for over 50 years.

Just thinking of the reunion that he must be enjoying right now with his sweet wife Marjorie makes me smile. I will miss him. I will miss hearing his sweet voice ringing from the pulpit at the Conference Center during General Conference. I will miss his adorable sense of humor. But mostly I will miss seeing and feeling his love for the people, not only of this church, but for all people. What a wonderful example of love and kindness he was for all of us.

12 Thoughts:

hatch said...

I will miss him to. I will miss all of the things about him that you mentioned. I will miss that twinkle he has in his eyes when he spoke of new temples to be built.

Lee said...

Seriously I think my jaw hit the floor when I heard the news. My head is swirling with all sorts of thoughts. He is a great man who will be truly missed, but must be so thrilled to be with his wife.

Kristi said...

I was a little surprised to hear today was the day he passed away. I thought it was so appropriate that it was a Sunday. However, I am so excited for him to be with Marjorie again! What joy he must be in! YAY!

MadMadameMim said...

A happy and sad day. To Celebrate such a life must be a grand occasion. I will miss him greatly but it is a good thing.

Sarah said...

I am glad he is with his sweet wife again. I will miss his kind face and sense of humor he portrayed. The world has lost a great man.

Jan said...

He showed us to live happy.

Kris said...

I will miss President Hinckley. He was a great man. I loved how he worked hard and taught all of us, so many great things by his example!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, I feel the same way. To all of it. I feel so thankful for prophets in our day, and especially for this one. He has left several imprints on my heart.

Casee said...

I definitely miss his presence, already. What a great man he is, and truly a prophet of the living God.

Brooklet said...

He was a great man. No matter what religion or belief you have, he was just a truly wonderful, kind man, who made it his life work to serve others.

emahaf said...

Thank you for the post, I was so sad last night when I heard the news. I Know he is in a better place and that he is once again with his sweet wife, but I will miss his amazing spirit and the influence he had on my life.

Melissa said...

Is it bad to say that I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the Prophet? It sounds... morbid. But I have... it makes me feel a little guilty on my part. I don't blog about religion very often on my blog. It took Pres. Hinckley's death for me to say a few things...hmm... maybe it's a lesson for me to learn...