Sunday, March 09, 2008

A good weekend

:: Beautiful sunshine

:: Warm-ish weather

:: A wonderful cousin in law to trade babysitting with

:: Breakfast with some wonderful women on Saturday morning

:: A baptism of a dear friend's step son

:: Running into this girl at the baptism. How great was that?!

:: A quiet evening with my husband after the kids went to bed

:: Hannah fasting for the very first time {Two meals is very hard for an 8 year old, but she did great!}

:: A gorgeous Sunday afternoon

:: Lots of good laughs regarding this little bloggie of mine

:: Quiet


I told you. It was a great weekend indeed.

22 Thoughts:

Melissa said...

Quiet? What is that? I am unaware of this word... sigh...
Sounds like a WONDERFUL day!!

Emily said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! We all deserve one of those once in a while. And glad Hannah did well with the fasting. Breigh did not do so well. She complained how hungry she was the whole day. Oh, well, practice, practice.

P.S. I don't know how I missed those anon comments. wow! How rude?

Ms. Kristen said...

Hannah was so determined today that she was fasting....and doing a good job at it! She wasn't complaining....just telling me matterafactly that the reason why her tummy was growling was because she was fasting! I put my arm around her and said "I am so proud of your attitude"

tharker said...

Thank you for encouraging her Kristen. She did complain a little bit to me during Sacrament meeting. But who can blame her? Fasting is hard for me sometimes, and I've been doing it for years!

After the fast was over, she did say that she felt good, and it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. So I asked her if she thought she could do it again next month, and she said, "Oh, we'll see how I feel in April."

Funny girl!

Kris said...

I truly had a good weekend too. Your breakfast with the girls sounds like a great idea. Yummy! It was so nice to walk out of church at 6:20 p.m. and still have the sun shining. I LOVE SPRING!!!

Lisa Christine said...

I was so impressed by your little Hannah yesterday. What a beautiful girl with a stong, confident, and lovable personality! She takes after her Mama for sure!

Marilyn said...

Wow! Anonymous is getting brave...or is that cowardly? Seriously anon...grow a backbone.

Tiffani, thanks for providing such entertaining reading. Your blog is still one of my absolute favorites.

Maybe you should adopt my warning about deleting rude or offensive or annoying comments.

Jan said...

Picture perfect weekend. Way to go Hannah. I still can't believe she is 8. That is so unreal. Glad you could have a few laughs too. That was great that you found me so quick on the instructions of Kim.
At least we know now.

::lindsay said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Sounds like you were very busy. I had a good one too. Breakfast was fun.

Anonymous said...

This is a DIFFERENT ANNOYMOUS, and I can't believe that someone can be so rude. (Oh yes I can, I am surrounded by those people in my everyday life. LOL) Its like don't comment if you don't like it and DON'T BOTHER COMING BACK! BUT..Tharker I just have to say you are riot and I LOVE reading so keep all the good stuff coming. You help me feel like my family is "normal" too!
XOXO--Britt

p.s. I am the same stalker who commented a couple blogs back about your sonic ice and where to get it! (and I am thinking of starting my own blog so then I won't have to be annoymous!)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Oops! That should read anonymous.

Emily said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Hopefully your week is just as good!

Wendy Christensen said...

That's a great list - thanks for sharing :) .... I espeically liked the word quiet on there. I almost forgot that that word still existed (LOL)!!!! shhhhh be still.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow, I leave my computer for a few days and miss all this excitement. I love a little drama.

Unknown said...

Tharker~ I have never commented, but I HEART your blog. I read it all the time.Please don't let 1 spoil sport ruin it for the rest of us. Don't do a private blog I will cry myself to sleep at night if you do. Just ignore anonymous. You have handled it well.
Thanks for the laughs.

tharker said...

No worries, I will not be going private. Thanks for reading Britt and Kimberly!

luvmy5boyscora said...

Just linked over from Kim and love your blog! You are so positive...thanks for the good read.

Sarah said...

I should put "Quiet" on my list every day. It sounds great right about now. Glad you had a good weekend and I love how you handle things with CLASS and HUMOR.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Sounds Like a fun weekend. Hannah is such a doll. Kelten still hasn't made it through a whole fast w/o having an emotional moment ... So Kudos to you Hannah!

tharker said...

Oh she definitely had a couple "emotional moments" yesterday, but she made it through, so I give her mad props for that!

Cora, welcome!

Sarah,
I don't know if I handle EVERYTHING with class and humor, but I do try.

When I was a kid, my mom always said that I reminded her of a duck because nothing ever bothered me, and it seemed like I let things just roll off me like water off a duck's back.

Even though it's a cooky analogy, as I've grown up, I've come to like it. I like being a duck! Why get miffed about things that really don't matter? That's my motto.

Okay, I don't really have an official motto, but it sounds like a good one right? heeheee!

Kris said...

I need to be more like a DUCK. I could learn some good lessons from you Tharker! Thanks for the advice even if it's not official! :)

My Three Sons said...

I enjoy checking your blog now and then, it's so positive and I loved your "a good weekend" list & the little "dinner incident"! It made me laugh. Especially that your husband kept his secret dislike for sweet and sour quiet for so long. How nice :)