Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's conference time again

Yesterday, I attended Parent/Teacher conferences for Hannah and Josh. I was a bit nervous only because the last conference with Josh's teacher was a bit of a surprise. He has been working very hard, and has come a long way since November, so I was interested to hear what his teacher's thoughts were from what she sees in the classroom.

It turned out great. He is doing so much better, and has shown tons of improvement. She showed me some of his writing, and I have to say that I was surprised at how good it was, only because he HATES to write. Anytime I have him write things at home, he fights in with all his might. So it was great to see that he is doing well in that area. When I got home, Josh and I talked about everything that his teacher said, and I told him that she wants him to start writing 3 sentence stories now instead of the regular two that has been expected of the students. At hearing this, he pretended to faint. It was hilarious! I'm proud of him for working so hard, and trying his best. He is such a great kid, and I just love him so much!

Hannah's conference went very well too. She is doing well in everything, and loves school. Those glasses have made such a huge difference in Hannah's reading. She jumped 6 points on the scoring scale from November to now! That makes me happy, but I also feel so cruddy for not cluing in that she needed them sooner! Oh well. She has them now, and they have helped so much. She is very sad at the thought of 2nd grade being almost over. She has had the same teacher for the last two years, and will miss her very much. I love her teacher too, and hope that she will be Josh's teacher for 1st and 2nd grade also.

My kids have been so blessed to have such great teachers. I appreciate what they do. Teachers work so hard, and they deserve so much credit. My kids love them, and so do I.

5 Thoughts:

Melissa said...

Okay... so, when I read the title I thought you were going to talk about General Conference and I thought, "Man... she's excited already and it's still a month away..." :)
Glad that the PARENT TEACHER conferences went so well!
Oh, and by the way, your "I did not have transactions with that bank" comment on my blog made my husband and I laugh so hard! That was awesome!! :)

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Kelten has had the same teacher for 1st and 2nd grade also. I am so nervous for him to move up to 3rd because his current teacher knows all his ins and outs. All in all it will be a great experience for him but I just hate the thought of re-adjusting. Does that make me lazy? Yea Hannah, glasses rock! I bet you look so sweet with them! And Josh way to go in the writing department although it sounds like acting might be more your speed:) Keep up the good work guys.

Jan said...

Yeah for great teachers and yeah for good students and yeah for great parents. I laughed so hard yesterday at our conference. Mattie rocked and her teacher is such a riot. I love going too.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love sending my kids to school knowing they love their teachers. It sounds as though your kids enjoy school and are doing well. My first thought was, Josh is in school? I don't see you or your kids very often so I figure they don't grow.

tharker said...

That is too true Deb. Dallin should still be this little Sunbeam, because that's how I remember him. It's crazy how fast kids grow.