:: While sitting in Sacrament meeting today, Jake looked at me and said, "I just don't understand why you're not wearing church clothes mom." I was wearing my green blouse that I ordered from Downeastbasics.com with an A-line skirt. I thought I was church appropriate, but apparently not!
:: Immediately after sitting down in Sunday School, a friend came to find me to let me know that Jake was sobbing hysterically in Primary. I went down there to find Kristen wheeling in a very sad faced Jacob. I felt bad for her because not only was Jake balling, but so were a handful of other little ones. But of course, she handled it all like a pro, with love and compassion. Thank you Kristen. You are wonderful. I took Jake out and asked him what was wrong. He told me that he was just afraid of Primary today. I'm not sure why suddenly after over a year of going to Primary, he was afraid... Anyway, after a good snuggle, he told me that he was okay and wanted to go back. Man, it's amazing the healing power of a good hug from mama!
:: This didn't actually happen today, but I am very excited about it, so I'll share anyway. This week I will be going to the church cannery for the very first time ever! Food storage has been on my mind, just like everyone else's. It feels good to finally be doing something about it. My goal is to go once a month so that I can slowly but surely get our family prepared. I know it's simple, but I feel so good just knowing that I'm finally going to do it instead of talking about it. I am just starting with the basics and will build from there. This week I will be canning rice, beans, sugar, dried apples, oats, and potato flakes. Can't wait! Really, I can't.
:: I was released from YW today. I purposely haven't posted for the last few days because I knew that my words would accidentally vomit onto the page. While I'm sad that I won't be able to be with the girls, I am feeling a little relieved in the sense that this will mean more time at home with my family. Between my calling, and Spencer's calling in the bishopric, life had become a little crazy over the last few months. I love YW, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to be in there again someday.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sunday Scoop
Posted by tharker at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


22 Thoughts:
I want to see the shirt, I am sure it looks awesome. I just bought a few shirts and skirts from there.. did you know you can buy there stuff at the Bookstore?
And the cannery, you have got to live it there. My parents on a mission there. We did all of our food storage last year, I must say I love love love looking at it. I am plain giddy to have a years supply.
And I am getting released from YW in two weeks.. *gulp* I think I will bawl. I love my girls.
And I just wrote a ton. lol.. Have good one!
Lee, it's the green polka dot one that I posted a couple of weeks ago. It's cute, even if Jake doesn't understand fashion!
I want to just come stare at your food storage and feel happy too ;)
I was very sad a few days ago, but I'm glad I had a couple of days to prepare myself before it happened. If it would have been sprung on me before church this morning, I would have been a basket case! Your girls are going to miss you so much Lee. I am 100% positive that you are an awesome leader for them! I'm going to miss you too!!!!
I am so stinking proud of you doing this for your family. Way to go Tiff.
What a funny comment from Jake!
Way to make headway on your food storage. That's a good reminder for me. I always forget about it and then when I realize how much we have to get, I become a little overwhelmed. I just need to start, and eventually I'll have my year's supply and stop stressing out about it!
Yes, Linds I agree with you. That little handful of cans sitting on my shelf will make me feel better too. Just think, next month we'll have even more happiness to look at on the shelf!
I just added it up, and I won't just have a handful of cans, I'll have 30! It's still only a very small dent, but it's something!!!
I love going to the cannery! It's so rewarding, and yes it makes you feel like you are somewhat prepared!
The YW thing I'm sure is hard. I'm sure things at home will run more smoothly now, that you won't have to be gone so much! I cried when I got released years ago. You are such a great leader, I'm sure everyone in your YW's will miss you!
It is always hard getting released from a calling you really clicked with. I'm sure they will miss you. I need to get going on my food storage also, my problem is where do I put it? I have amlmost zero extra space. Any ideas?
Good stuff. I need to get my 72 hour kit updated and rethink the way we store it. When we finally started to work on our food storage I wasn't as afraid of all that was going on. It felt AWESOME when I started feeling prepared, especially after 9/11. I was one freaked out lady. Jeff told me it was because we weren't prepared. Anyway, have a happy day!!
love ya
You are inspiring! I need to get on the ball and get our family prepared. Thanks for a good reminder :)
Tiff I was thinking about you all day yesterday... :( I wish I could go to the cannery. In a few months let's make it a date!!
Good for you for going to the cannery! I love going there. It is a fun kind of work and it feels so good to bring the stuff home.
It is hard to be realeased from a calling that you love so much. I've been there.
A cannery date sounds great Heather! Call me when you're not feeling like you'll puke in the cans!
Can you and Lindsay just do my canning while you're there? That would really help me out...
Sure Karen, we're on it!
What a great Idea to go to the cannery, I know that I should go but there never seems to be enough time, I should just jump in their and do it. I am sorry about the calling, but now you will be able to see your family more, and in a few years I bet you are back in YW
I know the YW will miss you! Shelly is the only lone survior from our old presidency!
I am sure it is a relief not to be gone every Wed. night etc. etc.!
As for Jake! I felt so bad! I have a feeling why three kids were crying! The Stake asked all of the primary leaders not to leave sacrement early! To get ready! So they asked us to have the kids line up in the hallway....while we get ready! I am having a hard time with that! The 6th ward tidies the chairs up for me now....and so I think if I sit in the back of the chapel and race back there.....they won't need to line up! Please....I am going to sneak out to go potty! No one can stop me!
Kids need routine....it was out of routine yesterday!
Kristen,
You are doing your best. It is so clear to anyone who goes into our Primary. You are wonderful. I am absolutely positive that you will be able to find a way to work it out and still follow what the Stake would like you to do. You're just creative like that, so I have no doubt that whatever you do, it will be just great!
Tiff I LOVED your outfit yesterday. You looked very nice!! Now that I know where you got it I might have to look it up. I could use so new clothes!!!
I am sure that you were more than appropriate, but kids are just so funny, aren't they? Mommas hugs are the best, I still love a hug from my mom, it really does make things better. Yay for canning! I signed up to do some in RS yesterday too, and I am excited, not only to see what they have and get to work, but finally have some food storage.
Good for you with the whole food storage thing. That was my thing last year, I get obsessive about things. I made a whole chart and divided things up into each month, what I had to get. I got the whole year, and it feels so good. I really enjoy going to the cannery. I'd stick my baby on my back in her backpack... the people there got a kick out of her. Its actually kinda fun and you feel like you did something good. Good luck with it!
Post a Comment