I love those mini recipe magazines that you get in the grocery store checkout. It's much better than looking at the smutty gossip mags while waiting in line. {I don't want anyone to be mistaken though. I have, and I still do peruse the smut once in a while....What can I say? Those crazy celebs are fascinating!} Anyway. I like to glance through the recipes in the mini mags, but usually I don't buy them. However, about a year ago, I saw one and had to get it. It was called Cake Mix Magic. There have been several editions, but this one caught my eye. It is packed full of yummy cakes and treats, so I could not resist.
This is one of the recipes that I have tried and love it. I couldn't find a picture online, and of course I didn't take a picture before I cut into mine, so I swiped this one off of some bundt pan site. I don't know why, but I love the look of bundt cakes. They're just dainty and pretty. I also love to say the word bundt. But not the proper way, no I like to say it like the aunt in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Booondt cake. It's funny. I made this cake today, and love it so much, that I need to share. Plus, it is made with a cake mix, so it couldn't be any easier!
Orange Glazed Pound Cake
1 package Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp grated orange peel
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp orange juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, 1/4 cup orange juice and orange peel in large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, and bake @375 for 45-50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 25 minutes, then invert to a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Combine powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp orange juice, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
I love this cake because it reminds me of Spring. And it smells absolutely heavenly while baking. Happy Bundt cake making!



22 Thoughts:
I may have to make this cake when my family comes to visit in a few weeks! I can't make it now... Hubby doesn't like orange rolls or breads... which means that I would end up eating the WHOLE THING! Not a good idea :)
Slang word for this bund--t. Yummerlicious.
yay, a new recipe to try! thanks :)
yummy, I love easy recipes, I love cake, and I love summer! Thanks Tiff
I love how you are into saying all of these words. Next time I see you, will you please say Boondt? That would really make my day. :)
This cake looks awesome. I need to buy a bundt pan. I still don't own one after 9 1/2 years of being married. Bummer. This looks yummy!
I am so going to make this. Thanks!
That sounds delicious. I've always loved the way bundt cakes look too. But I'm with Kristen, I don't even own a bundt cake pan. Ridiculous, I know.
Yummers! I know, how about you bring a slice of it over to my house so then I know whether I want to make it for myself. :)
Mmmmmm!! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.
Mmm yummy. I might have to try this out! I haven't used my bunt cake pan yet and this sounds fabulous!
mmmm yum, looks great and seems really easy. Thanks for the recipe.
That sounds lovely! I will have to try this, thank you. And I have a recipe for a wonderful cake, that you might also be interested in, it is also very springy. Let me know if you would like the recipe, or maybe I will just post it on my blog, it is good enough to share!
Don't feel bad for not owning a bundt pan ladies. I just bought my first one last year! It's just one of the little kitchen items that I never think of buying, until I want to make something that requires it.
Casee, I would love that recipe! I'll be checking your blog for it ;)
You always have such amazing recipes, I will definately have to try this one. I am still indebted to you for showing me how to make those yummy cinnamon rolls!! My family loves it when I make them. THANK YOU!!
I can just taste it now.....moist, tangy, soft delious cake! Yummmmmmmy!
Loved your red shoes on Sunday! You choir singing fool!
I always love a new recipe. Thanks!
Looks and sounds yummmmmmmmmmy!!!
Thanks for the recipe!!!
Nummy! You are my inspiration in the kitchen today! I finally got my blogger to update so check it out.
Yum-o! I think I will make it this weekend! Thanks for sharing!
All I can say is YUM. I'll be making this very soon!
Yum! From the picture, to the smells, I want to be making this cake right now! It is the perfect Spring recipe.
This recipe looks divine. I love orange and I have the BEST orange roll recipe. Funny thing - I have the exact bunt pan that is shown in the photo you found! Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment