I had an Oops moment tonight. You see, Hannah has been very excited for her Daddy/Daughter date that her Activity Days group (a fun group for 8-11 year old girls at our church) has been planning. Apparently, the excitement seeped through to me too.
She got all dolled up for her special date, and asked me to fix her hair so that it would look extra pretty. At this point in the story, I must take a moment to pat myself on the back, because her hair looked beautiful! I put it up in a pony tail, and then took one section of hair about an inch wide and rolled it downward, then secured it in place at the base of the pony tail with bobby pins. When it was finished, it looked like she had large curls pinned in place. And as a bonus, it only took about two minutes! She told me that she felt so pretty. I sent the happy couple on their way, and settled in for a dinner of leftover pizza with the boys.
All was bliss until the phone rang about 10 minutes later. I'm sure you've guessed it. Spencer was at the church, but no one else was there except for a team practicing baseball. He asked me to double check the invitation to see if it was indeed at the church. Of course I knew it was, but I told him I would check anyway to just to humor him. Well, lo and behold it is at the church, but it's not until NEXT TUESDAY! Oops! Sorry guys.
Well, being the good sport that he is (and the hungry one) Spencer took Hannah to dinner anyway. He even let her choose. So I guess it all worked out in the end. They both were fed, and they get to have another date next week.....as long as I don't mess it up again!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Jumping the gun
Posted by tharker at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


23 Thoughts:
Ohhhh I fate moments like this.....at least they get to have 2 special date nights!!
I bet she's in loving it. I wonder if you'll be able to do her hair cute again?! Seems like the stars have to be lined just right for me to get the same look twice. (Not that I believe in astrology or anything, in case you were wondering.:) I've sent Jeff to a Stake mtg that wasn't even for him once. He didn't go out to dinner though. BTW I love the three column thing. You are quite clever and you have come so far from your cut and paste days. BRAVO!
Oh, that's awful! But what a great Dad to take her out anyway.
so sorry about that but I'm glad it worked out it's not like you can have too many daddy daughter dates. I bet she still had fun going out to eat just with daddy. I hate those moments too, lately for me it has been soccer, just can't get that knew schedule into my head. Good thing I have a neighbor to call and remind me even when it's my turn to drive :).
Hannahs knight in shining armour. What a sweet story of getting ready and she'll never forget this night with daddy. I'm sorry your brain dead, but thats just the way of moms. I always tell everyone to call me the night before something and then the day of. That's how quick it can leave my mind. Cute story Tiff.
More time with dad is NEVER a bad thing! I'm sure that they had a great time and will have another great time next week! :D
You can duplicate the same hair doo next week.
Hannah sure scored, two weeks in a row with Daddy.
I'm always so off on dates.
Cute! I could picture them as you were writing the experience!
How fun for Hannah to have a Daddy Daughter Date this week and next. I bet she looked fabulous. Next time take a picture! :)
That totally sounds like something I would do! Thank goodness Spencer is such a great sport!
Oh yeah, and next time show us a picture of the cute couple! Please?
Yes Marilyn, I will get a picture next week ;)
ugh, I hate those moments!! I have had way too many :)
I am glad it all worked out in the end and I am sure they had fun anyways :)
Can't wait to see a picture!
That is so something I would do (have done) and luckily they got to go have a good time together anyways. No harm done!
Oh... daddy daughter dates were so fun. I bet she will love her "double date".
I'm sure it was a huge dissapointment for Hannah when they walked into the gym but I'm sure it was quickly forgotten when they decided to still go out. I'm sure she doesn't mind two dates either.
You're sounding like me these days...
I am so glad to hear that Hannah is looking forward to the activity. We have all worked very hard on it. I can't wait until APRIL 29 so I can see her beautiful hairdo!
I could totally have done that too! I'm glad everything worked out and they got to go out anyway...She is a lucky girl!
Better that it was a week early than a week late, right?? And you have already done a practice run on her hair. I can only see the good in this situation :)
Maybe this was just a bonus so they could have some daddy/daughter time twice!
I love that he still took her out, I bet that was even more special for both of them. And it is just a bonus that they get to do it again soon!
NOw she gets two dates- sounds like it worked out just fine!
Post a Comment