Big Chickens is one of Jake's favorite books ever. He loves those four dirty, dusty, daring chickens. If I ever ask which book he would like to read, it is almost always this one.
A few days ago, as we were reading the book, we came to the part where the 4 silly chickens encounter some cows. Not only are they afraid of the cows, but also of stepping in a cow patty. (Which by the way, the term cow patty just might be Jake's two favorite words of the entire book)
While looking at the picture of the cows, Jake asked me what "those things" were. I told him they were Udders, and that is where the milk comes out. He then proceeded to ask me where the poop comes out, so I filled him in on that bit of knowledge too. But, on with the story....Suddenly he got this look on his face like a light bulb had just been turned on in his head. In a very excited voice, he said, "OH, I get it! So you pull the tail for the milk to come out of the Udders!"
Kids crack me up!


20 Thoughts:
Very funny!
Ha! that is so funny!My kids say things like that all the time.-nena
That is a great way to milk a cow! Why didnt they come that way?
Love that kid!
This is udderly hilarious. I pictured the tail like one of those water pumps. Up down up down. But he said pull it huh. Ouch.
Very cute Jake. Have a great week Tiffani.
Too cute. I love it when that light bulb comes on for a kid. Sydnee asked me this week, if her tonsils were gone yet. I think she thought that the medicine would take them away. My kids love that book too!
That is a great story. Love how their minds work. I would love to milk a cow like that rather than the old fashioned way. Is that how modern cows work then?
That's adorable. His little mind is thinking and trying to figure out this crazy world. So cute!
Jake is so cute! Can you believe we have never read that book at our house? I guess I need to get out there and check it out,I bet the beasties would love it.
Sounds like you need to take a little trip to the dairy out here! LOL that was so cute. We have never read that book either. It looks really cute.
That was so stinking cute!!
I love how kids make sense of things. What other reason would cows have tails for?
He's got it all figured out mom.
I love how he thinks.
I've never heard of that book, we'll have to check it out.
I love hearing what your kids have to say. Way too cute! I may have to get that book for Gabe :)
That is too cute! I love hearing kid logic :)
I love some of the things that kids come up with, and that it is totally logical to them.
I love the way kids minds work. That is so cute.
Hi, I just wanted you to know that I have been lurking on your blog. Your kids are so cute! That looks like such a fun book. I love what kids can come up with.
I'm so glad you wrote that story down. Now you'll have it to look back on and smile at what a sweet boy you have!
I never get tired of hearing the cute and clever things that kids say!
Hi Vanessa. I've lurked on your blog a few times too ;) Welcome!
Post a Comment