Thursday, May 01, 2008

One year ago

Exactly one year ago today, I was anxiously waiting for the doors at Target to open so that I could get my copy of this album. This girl called and said that she would be going over first thing, and asked if I wanted her to pick up a copy for me and this girl too. Yes, please! Thank you Karen for being the almost first one there. I do believe that you ran into this girl while you were there.

Danyelle must take all the credit for introducing me to Michael. Thank you, thank you Danyelle! I remember standing outside her van after swimming lessons one day chatting, and she said that I must listen to this new artist that Marilyn had introduced her to. {*edit* Marilyn let me know that Danyelle introduced her to Michael} They had just been to his concert in Portland. She turned on one song...one song people, and I was hooked!

Call Me Irresponsible is by far my favorite of his three albums. If you have not heard it yet, first take that rock off your head that you've been living under (kidding!) and go out and grab one! You won't regret it....you won't regret it, just try a little tenderness... Oh sorry, I got a little carried away. That line is from one of his songs. You see, he just gets in your head!

Happy May 1st!!

24 Thoughts:

Jan said...

When I think of Michael, I think of when I was over at Danyelles and she had him on the tv and was trying to get us all to look at his neck moves. Everyone was going crazy. Ryan was in the computer room and I peeked around the corner and said "Ryan you share your life with another man", he looked at me and said "I know".
It was so funny the way he looked at me. Those neck moves were pretty good though. I do love his voice and now the pointed out moves.

Kim said...

I LOVE Michael because his voice is like the ones I love so much from the old days. You can sit back and relax to his music or you can SWAY!!! I love to dance to his music. By the way I think you and Allison are the only ones that have discovered the secret at the end of my post. I think you have a very good chance of winning!! 50% in fact. Those are great odds.Good luck. Have a beautiful day!!! I'm going out to my mom's today. I'll finish your tag later!!! TA TA

Kris said...

I love May 1st. Can it be here already? I totally remember that post from last year. Micheal was on everyone's blog that day!

Kate said...

What a good CD! I love his voice, very very romantic :)

Marilyn said...

One year ago today, I was at the Today show in NYC meeting Michael! Oh the memories...


I do feel the need to correct you about one thing though...actually Danyelle introduced Michael to me...way back in 2003 when his first album came out, she gave me his debut album for my birthday and told me I was gonna love him. She was ABSOLUTELY right!

Melissa said...

Perhaps I should get into my running position before I comment... I'm not a fan... I know. How can that be? Everyone else on the planet is...

Debie Spurgeon said...

I know I would really enjoy his sound, but I don't think I could tell you one song he sings. I love all of Marilyn and Danyelle's recommendations on music and now I know you love him too. I'm intrigued.

The Garden Maiden said...

I think Kristin is credited with finding Michael. The first time I heard him was when Marilyn played him for me on our way over to Seattle back in 03. I was instantly in love and I hadn't even seen him. I will NEVER forget our first concert in Portland. Out of the 6 times I have seen him it was the best concert. We need to get a motorhome and have a girls trip to the next concert!

tharker said...

I would be all for a motor home trip to see Michael!

PRP said...

He is my boyfriend.

That is all.

AOlson said...

I too am a Buble lover!!!

dandee said...

You are welcome.

Oh, and PRP, he is MY boyfriend. :)

Sarah said...

Love his music, love his personality, love his style. Even my husband is starting to come around to liking his music.

Sara said...

I love the songs that I have heard on the radio. I need to pick up this album. Thanks for the music review.

polka dots said...

In response to Spencer, "Come on. . .is he really that great Kristin?"

More than words can say!

hatch said...

Oh the memories!

I was introduced to Michael by all of you blogging girls, and I love him to.

::lindsay said...

Whatever, Karen. He's my boyfriend. What are you going to do about it--beat me with your cane?

PRP said...

Death to you Bates! Death! To! You!

tharker said...

Oooh Lindsay and Karen are bringing out the big guns!!! You two are cracking me up!

The Donald said...

He has a great voice. I really love big band music, and it is nice to hear someone new singing in that style.

Emily said...

What?? He sings?

Casee said...

Well, first of all, May 1st is a fabulous day, because that is the day this girl was born.

And Michael Buble, I am not sure what to say about him. His music is beautiful and awesome and every other wonderful adjective I can possibly think of. He is also handsome, and that doesn't hurt either!

Casee said...

Tiffani,

I would love to go out to lunch! On the 20th I could got around 11:30 and on the 26th around 12:30. Just let me know if that works for you and I will see when Elizabeth is available. Yay, I am so excited!

Elizabeth said...

I love listening to Michael, too. His voice is like honey. :)