It's amazing to me how you can feel true heartache and compassion for someone that you don't even know. I came across a blog this morning, and I haven't stopped thinking of this woman all day long. Stephanie and her beautiful family just lost their 14 month old daughter to a tragic drowning accident. I don't know them, but my heart aches for them just the same.
I believe that one of the blessings of blogging is being able to reach out to others. I keep thinking of the words in Mosiah 18: 8-9. "And now as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light. Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort."
I feel like the Internet has afforded us so many opportunities to fulfill this scripture and to show Christ-like love and compassion. It may seem like a silly thing to some, but I am truly thankful for it.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Comfort those that stand in need of comfort
Posted by tharker at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 Thoughts:
I love this scripture. It is part of our baptismal covenants, and I think often it is forgotten. What great sadness this is. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. The heart ache. But as Sisters we unite, with love to help and lift one another.
I totally think so too. People go through so much, and to have instant support is such a blessing.
Thanks for sharing the scripture and this wonderful family. They are amazing Tiffani.
OH, I went over to that blog and read a little and I cried and cried and cried. My heart mourns for the family, what an unimaginable loss. My thoughts will be with them.
I love that scripture. I am going right now to read the blog. I cannot imagine losing a child. My heart aches thinking of anyone having that horid experience.
The thought of losing a child is so painful, I can't imagine to actually have it happen! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the link.
Thanks for reminding us of the importance of keeping connected and counting our blessings. Praying for stephanie.
So sad. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this sweet family. You know what's crazy? I think we are actually related. I'm going to have to call my Dad and find out exactly how. Small world.
It's amazing to me to see how people are able to dig up the strength and faith they didn't know they had when they experience a loss. What would we do without the knowledge of the gospel?
What a thoghtful post! Just the thought of losing a child brakes my heart...thanks for the link! They're in my prayers!
Hi there..you dont know me, but I found your blog through Laurens. I went over to that link to Stephanies blog and cried at my desk at work, all the way over in South Africa. Thanks so much for posting that. Sometimes we need to put our lives in perspective.
I enjoyed reading through your blog. Keep well
Chell
http://thelifeofchell.blogspot.com
I agree completely!! The Internet has connected people that otherwise wouldn't have been connected. It does expand our capacity for comforting those who stand in need of comfort!
I spent the morning reading this blog and I can not even express how much sorrow I feel for this mother's loss. But her words of faith and her testimony of the gospel and the Lord's plan for her family are truly inspiring. I hope that as so many others share in her grief that it may be lessened.
Thank you Tiff, for sending the link our way. I love reading your blog for it's equal parts funny and for your ability to make us all stop and hug and kiss our kids a little more each day. Love ya-N
Tiffani, I feel that blogging is such a wonderful tool (and the internet in general.) We can reach out to so many, and I just want you to know that you have touched my heart. I am better because of my friendship with you and so many others.
I don't know if I'll be able to read that story. The thought of losing a child is too scary for me. Thanks for sharing the scripture. I love your thoughts Tiffani.
I read that link for an hour a couple of nights ago just scrolling back through her older posts. She is truly an amazing mother with an eternal perspective. I was so uplifted reading her thoughts on such a tragic experience. I'm so grateful for the gospel and likewise for the internet that provides a support system at times like this.
Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment