Monday, July 07, 2008

Don't dump on me!


While sitting with the kids at the park after swim lessons this afternoon, I got a little more than I bargained for. Here I was just minding my own business, when a BIRD decided to leave me a little present. I looked down at my skirt, and there it was staring back at me. A HEEE-YUGE bird poo right smack dab in the middle of my skirt. Oh those birds!


The crappy thing is (yes that pun was VERY intended) that this is NOT the first time I have been dumped on by a bird! Yes, it's true. I'm a walking, breathing, bird poo target. Once when I was in 7th grade, I was eating lunch with some friends outside when a bird dropped the bomb on me. Nice. At least today it wasn't in my hair like it was the first time!

22 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

What a crappy day indeed! You didn't mention Kristen's comment about the poo stain...

tharker said...

Oh yeah, I forgot that!

I'll just add it here. This was "Miss Kristen's" comment;
"That looks like bloody poo!"

It made me laugh so hard. I just love that girl!

Sarah said...

I'm always afraid that is going to happen, especially when there a gazillion seagulls flying around.

SuzanSayz said...

I have never been a public toilet for birds, but I have seen it happen to other people, and at 51 years old, I realize that my odds of staying bird poop free are getting slimmer every year.

polka dots said...

I was once dumped on by a bird too. Truly disgusting. That was a really cute outfit too!

Thanks for stopping by this morning. You are always so thoughtful.

PS: I have my fingers crossed for level advancements for each of your kiddos this time around. If they do...a celebration is deffinently in order.

tharker said...

Kristin,
I think if Hannah finally passes, a definite celebration will be taking place! But...if Josh passes and she doesn't, then they end up in the same class....oh boy!

Susan,
A public toilet for birds...that's a good way to explaining it!

Casee said...

Yuck!

tharker said...

I meant a good way OF explaining it.

Melissa said...

EWWWW!! I'm sorry you got pooped on :S

Sara said...

Seriously that bird poo looks a little bloody. Gross....

The Donald said...

Speaking of being pooped on in school, when I was a junior I was walking with my girlfriend to the store for lunch. I looked over at her jacket, and she had what looked like a marshmallo/chocolate combination on her shoulder. Without even thinking, I wiped it with my finger and licked it off. Of course I then gagged and felt sick to my stomach. She laughed at me and said she was going to tell everyone at school how I ate bird poop. Of course, I told her that I would then be forced to tell everyone that she was pooped on. So we told no one.

Well, I guess I just told someone right now, but I figure since that was 13 years ago the statute of limitations has ran up. That and now I could care less what people would say.

And it just had to be a white skirt too!

tharker said...

Oh Donald! I feel so bad for you that you ate it!!! But I would also bet that after 13 years, it's safe to let the cat out of the bag.

Jodi said...

I'm so glad that you posted it!! :) I felt very sorry for you. Of course you were wearing a light color too. Never fails! I hope it comes out easily!

Ms. Kristen said...

It was a bloody poop indeed! Yuck!
I too have had a seagul drop a doo-doo on my head!
Just another manic Monday!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh yuck! I would have died.

Cute skirt though :)

Kris said...

I heard about this from Jodi. I was anxious to get on and read about it. This is truly funny! Tiffani you are always so optimistic. Those birds are always flying around and no one is safe.

meohmyers said...

What are the chances of being the target of a menstruating pigeon?

What was even more funny was as you all were leaving Hannah yells back, "Check the blog!" knowing this was blogworthy news. That cracked me up.

Thompson Family said...

Tiff.. I soooo remember Carmichael lunch days, I think every single day someone got pooped on. And boy was it drama!

At least your skirt is way cute!! Hopefully everyone just noticed that :-)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I remember everyone getting pooped on at carmichael. I always laughed when it happened. I felt lucky I was able to dodge all the falling confetti! UNTIL the very last day of eight grade!!!! In my hair too! I had to wash it out in a sink and then I looked like a wet mop the rest of the day!
GENEIL

tharker said...

So it looks like the birds had the last laugh huh Geniel? ;) Yes, Karen and Geniel, those were the days!

Kim,
Your menstruating bird comment was hilarious! And about Hannah's blog announcement...well she knows her mom doesn't she?

Annette Rose said...

I've never had the yucky misfortune of being pooped on by a bird, but apparently everyone else has. Who knew? That is so funny and so gross. But I agree with everyone, the skirt is super cute. Did the bloody pooh come out?

tharker said...

Annette,
Yes the poo came out. Thank goodness! I do love that skirt.