Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Into the minds of my boys

As you may well know, I love to chronicle the silly things my kids say. It's just so much fun to have a little peek inside their brain, and try to figure out what they're thinking. And just because I know that you have been frothing at the mouth for more of my children's antics, here are a couple more for your reading pleasure.

We spent the 4th of July at Spencer's parents house with them and Lance and Elizabeth. Most of the afternoon, the children played out back on the GIGANTOR water slide thingy from Costco. (Those things rock!) After spending a little too much time in the sun, we moved over to the shade to watch the kids play. When they were done, all three of them decided to join us and almost immediately Josh and Jake began showing off their skills with a Stick-saber. What? You didn't know that EVERYTHING becomes a light saber? Oh sorry. Now you know. Moving on...

At one point, Jake decided it would be a really good idea to try to poke Josh in the eye with his stick. Thankfully, Josh moved his face JUST in time, and the stick poked him right under his eye. Yes, I almost had a heart attack! Needless to say, Jake was no longer allowed to play with sticks and got in mucho trouble.

After examining Josh's eye just to make sure there was no damage, he looks at me says,

"It's okay Mom. If he would have poked my eye out, I could have just gotten a robot eye."

He said it SO matter of factly, that I couldn't help but giggle. I love that he thinks a prosthetic eye is a Robot Eye! So stinking cute how their minds work!

Okay, here's another gem for ya. Yesterday while sitting at the park (BEFORE the bird dropped the bomb) Jake comes out of NOWHERE with this one.

"Mom, what does Jack___ mean?" (You fill in the blank...but I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with pass)

I'll admit, I couldn't help laughing. I quickly turned my head and did my best to keep my giggles silent so that he couldn't tell, but man it was hard! When I had control of myself, I asked him where he heard that word, and he told me that he heard it while watching Evan Almighty. Ahhhh, I know exactly which part he's talking about.

So I explain to him that an @$$ is another word for a donkey, and ask him if he thinks that it sounded like a nice word in the movie. He tells me no, and then he agrees that he shouldn't say it either. I'm telling you, this entire time it was SO hard to keep a straight face! I don't know if it's because I am secretly really 14, or if it's simply because hearing a word like that come out of a 4 year old's mouth is just so shocking. Either way, it was a doozy!

So there you are. You have had yet another peek inside my children's' minds. Bet 'cha can't wait for the next installment.

17 Thoughts:

Jan said...

That skirt picture is so gross Tiffani. I can't believe that nerve of that bird.

Kids are so cute. Robot eye, where did he get that one. And the question on the donkey is priceless. I think you are 14 inside. And that's okay. It will get you through all of the questions yet to come. They will knock the socks off of you. Just prepare Spencer to be doing some of the answering. You won't want too.

Keep them coming. I can't wait for the next installment.

hatch said...

So sorry to see what happened to your skirt. Ewww

I love to hear the funny things kids say. I have to commend you on the way you handled the jack *** question. You are a good mom!

Kris said...

I love that you write down what your kids say. It's so fun to read. They are so cute and you are a great mom!

Chell said...

Heehee...I have to agree with Kris's comment, I love that you write these things down, otherwise they are so easily forgotten in the hustle of life and growing up. I cannot wait for the next one! :)

Stephanie said...

the joys of being a mom.keep the good times rolling.
sorry about the bird incident. yuck!

Brooklet said...

I can just imagine Jake asking in his sweet little voice what the swear word was. I think you handled it perfectly!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Why is it they always pick up on those parts?

I love to read the cute things your kids say.

SuzanSayz said...

Ya gotta love the way a kids mind works. Maybe thats one of the reasons we keep them around, they may drive us crazy with their various naughtynesses but they are cute and fun to listen to.

meohmyers said...

Your boys are hilarious. So funny! You know Josh would absolutely love that Robot Eye! So clever.

Heather said...

I'm glad your boys are into light sabers too.. no wonder Kaden loves playing with those two so much.

Sara said...

I love reading these kinds of posts. It reassures me that all kids are just as silly as mine.

Casee said...

Tiffani, you are more than welcome to play the creative writing game. Just don't make your entry better than mine, ok? Just kidding. I am excited to see how it goes!

Sarah said...

Ha! Why is it that the one line in a movie you don't want your kids to hear is the one that sticks in their heads for ages?! I would have been laughing too. I love how little boys are so into swords, and sticks, and sabers. They just need to wear protective face masks while they're playing!!

Ms. Kristen said...

I love that Jake of yours'! He is very cute, smart and witty..... and shares really nice when it comes to feeding hungry Sister Hatch!

The Donald said...

No you had every right to laugh. The word is very funny. Especially if used in the right context.

Don't tell me you have never seen the robot eye infomercial. It comes on right after the oxy clean infomercial, and before Ron Popeil's chop and drop chopper. For 4 easy payments of 199.99, the robot eye can be yours!!

~Amber jo~ said...

How funny! I love hearing what your kids say. I can't wait to see them say it in person at the reunion! (in other words, WE ARE DEFFINATLY GOING TO THE REUNION!) I'm so excited. I haven't seen your family for SO long.

Emily said...

Hilarious! You always document the funniest things your kids say. I love it!