I got this from Casee, and thought it was a fun idea.
Here is a fun little game... leave a comment on my blog of a memory you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time or a long time. It can be funny, embarrassing, whatever. Anything that you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It is pretty funny to read the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you are playing and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. On your mark... get set... blog those memories!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Let's play Memory
Posted by tharker at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


44 Thoughts:
Hmmm... the first that popped into my head?? Sitting at the park with you the first day you got your braces and you totally breaking off a bracket. Good times, glad we are both over that phase.
Well, there are a lot... that's what we get for knowing each other for what 20 years is it now?!?! Anyways, the one that comes to mind is spending the night at your house in your room talking for hours and listening to Elvis songs!..lol! Those were the times!
Sliding off the bench at the hotel's continental breakfast and me laughing hysterically instead of trying to help you up. Yep, I'm a great friend.
Seeing your face when Michael Buble came on stage for the first time. You were so excited!
although I knew you before in the original 6th ward, my fondest memory is on the very first sunday that we met as the 9th ward. I was so so so nervous and you were the very first person to say hi and introduce yourself. I knew right then that I needed to get to know you better :)
Heather,
Yeah, it was pretty awesome going BACK in to the Ortho's office to get a new bracket like 3 hours after I got them on!
Emily,
Yes those were the days! Do you remember that HUGE poster of Elvis that I had on my wall? It's so funny to think about now. I mean what teenage girl in the '90s liked Elvis? Thanks for putting up with my quirky ways all these years!
Lindsay,
The hotel experience is so funny. I will never forget the look on those people's faces as they saw me on the floor laughing so hard that I couldn't get up! And the Michael Buble concert...fabulous! My favorite experience from that night besides the excellent concert was the drive home. Hilarious!
Katie,
Your comment was so sweet! I was so excited to meet you, I was just hoping that I didn't come off as freaky, eager girl. "Hi, hi, do you want to be my friend?????"
Tiffani,
I am glad you joined in. I guess I don't really have any memories of you... so the first thing that comes to mind are the funny posts you have written. Or the funny things that happen to you, like getting pooped on by a bird. I am glad we are blogging friends and maybe one day we will have some actually memories of each other!
Casee,
I like having you for a blogging buddy too! Yes, hopefully one day we'll have real life experiences with each other to make some memories ;)
Tiffani, I have absolutly NO idea how to take something from one person's blog and put it on mine, so if I could I would but I can't so unless Donald comes over here and shows me what to do, I won't. But I just had to tell you thank you for your most recent commentsabout the ice cream cones. It's so nice to see that I'm not the only one so fed up with such poor customer service. Oh and even though we have never actually met,I guess we can say that "We'll always have McDonald's."
Definately our cheerleading days. Can't be narrowed down to just 1! And who the hecks class was it that we were both in and Trevor would always fall asleep... AND DROOL ALL OVER EVERYTHING! Leadership mornings, oh goodness so many fun times. I wish we would have kept more in touch over the years. I pretty much have sucked a big one in that department :-)
Hmm the first one to come to mind was when I ran into you at Wal-Mart after not seeing you for like 2 years and I looked like CRAP and you as always looked like a million buck and we just stood there in the produce section and chatted for like a half hour. I love friends who you can see after a huge dry spell and just pick up where you left off with no awkwardness. You weren't even embarrassed to be seen with me. Now that is friendship I tell ya:)
Well, since I've never met you in person, I'll leave you a memory about Spenc. When we were in high school, we went to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie. I swear, he said, "Cowabunga, Dude" for months afterward. So, when you were talking about seeing Kung Fu Panda with your kids, I totally thought of turtles. Like father, like sons. ;)
How can I forget driving through Richland in the Datsun with the windows down and you singing "I'll Stand By You" at the TOP of your lungs to random people walking by? Thinking about that still makes me laugh!!
Or how about after Tolo when Brendan (your date) was so cold in my house that he curled up and sat pretty much IN the fireplace?
Yes Susan, we'll always have McDonalds!
Karen,
Sometimes I really miss those cheer days! One of my funniest memories of you will always be that one trip to State, when you made the sign for the boys to come visit our room and you tied them up with your cheer nylons! Hilarious!!! Of course no one came, but it was still dang funny!
And yes we had morning Leadership together. I had compeletely forgotten about Trevor always falling asleep. Man, if high school wasn't so stupid and didn't have so much drama, I would love to go back! We really should have lunch sometime Karen. Think of the laughs!!
Niki,
You are cracking me up! Of course I would never be ashamed to be seen with you! I remember that day. It was fun to chat it up next to the brocolli!
Michelle,
Your memory of Spencer is so funny! When we were on our way to catch our plane for our honeymoon, I was searching in his glove compartment for some music and he actually found a "mix tape" that he and Rob made that was full of Sesame Street songs....I know!!! I was also going to say that we actually have met once Michelle. I met you at Chuck E. Cheese. It was for your classes 10 year reunion, and a few families met up there for a get together.
Oh Alison,
The times we had in your little Datsun! Do you remember "Muscrat Love"? I do believe that song got quite a bit of play in the old Datsun too. And I completely forgot about singing I'll Stand by You to strangers. Man, we were awesome!!!
Brenden was a funny date. I do remember the fireplace incident. That was a fun night. Seriously, next time you are in town we NEED to get together!
Oh yeah... Alison and Karen,
I was also thinking of that same trip to State when we convinced Julie that she ate her napkin. Also, when Brenden M. came to see you Alison, and we all left you there in the hall with him. I still can see the horrified look on your face, practically BEGGING us not to leave you with him! So funny!! Well, it wasn't to you then, but hopefully it is now ;)
I need to clarify something here. My comment to Karen made it sound like she tied the boys up with the nylons! Not so!! She tied the SIGNS up with the nylons. heeheee ;)
Just wanted to make that clear.
Oh Tiff... you so crack me up! I have pictures to prove all of this. Fun, fun times :-)
Are you kidding me? You still have pictures???? I HAVE to see those! Now, we REALLY need to get together!
You are the kindest person I have ever met! I remember the first time I met you! At Bruce and Debies Christmas Eve dinner! You had cute Hannah and baby Josh! We all sat around and watched a video?? Was that at least 6 years ago?
(I want to be sappy here...bare with me)..Tiffani...the thing that I always admire about you is your grace and beauty! You are so immaculate in speach and attitude! I have always admired you! I always know you will testify at least every other Fast and Testimony meeting! Your testimony is so beautiful! I also remember the many times you testified to our Young Women!
And ofcourse, the thing I most remember about you is you always being the first one up at girls camp to go an beautify yourself!??? Even at girls camp!
Love ya!
That's so funny! I just put this game on my blog. :) I don't know if I really have a "memory" with you - but I can say that I'm really glad that I'm getting to know you better. I've always heard such great things about you and it's nice finding out for myself that what everyone says is true. You are such a kind and thoughtful person.
The way you light up a room.
I remember you as a teenager in Sunset Ward. You've always been adorable, but I must say I think your married and mommy years have brought a certain vibrance to you. I think you are always put together so well. What I especially appreciate and love now is the way you love your children, it's beautiful.
pictures are in boxes but when time permits, I might just have to dig them out. They were recently put in there so I do know right where they are. I ran into Denise last week. I didn't get a chance to talk because we were running to church but her girls are taking swimming lessons from my SIL. Such a small world... you don't REALLY want to know how small, lol.
Kristen,
Your "gushy" comment brought tears to my eyes! I think it's the other way around though, YOU are one of the kindest people I'VE ever met! I remember that dinner at Bruce and Deb's. I still remember that beautiful little red dress that your sweet little Katlyn was wearing. I remember thinking she looked like the poster child for Christmas, she looked so pretty!
As for being immaculate and graceful, I have a hard time with that one! I don't feel immaculate and graceful at all! But that really was so kind of you. Thank you Kristen.
Jodi,
I don't know if you remember, but I actually met you coming out of President A.'s house a few years ago. We were both there for our stake temple recommends and Spencer and I stood on the porch and chatted with you and Mick for a minute. I've enjoyed being able to get to know you better too! See ya at the park ;)
Jan,
Really, you are so stinking sweet! I love ya.
Well, I think my fondest memory of you was sitting behind you in the original 6th ward and thinking to myself "who is this put together, awesome mom, with great hair?" I knew instantly that you were a great person.
Wow, a tone of memories all ready!
I don't have too many with you, seeing as we are more of 'online buddies' rather than 'in person buddies'. But there was the time I ran into you at the baptism and your adorable daughter started telling me all about herself. I am still amazed by her maturity and self confidence!
hmm, where do I begin, so many memories- I could bring up the one where we were all sitting on the coach in Sunny's cabin. . . you know what I am talking about!
Or I remember you doing my hair for my wedding reception, you were great and a lot of fun.
And I remember back in the day when you first were dating Spencer and you had permed hair and would fall asleep watching movies. Good times!
Reading through the comments already left I found some coincidences that I thought were interesting- I, too, went to Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles with Spencer in high school, but it wasn't with Michelle C, so it must have been the II or III movie.
And I actually have meet Casee several time. Small place this blogging world.
Brooke,
Like you and Casee actually know each other in real life or just blogging? That's so cool!
Yes, yes I remember the infamous couch incident of '04. Somehow I don't think I'll ever live it down!
I loved doing your hair for your wedding reception. You were the most lovely bride Brooke. I love you!
Deb,
I can remember you guys from Sunset ward too. Your sweet Elizabeth was just a tiny baby. I have always loved your family and have loved being in the same wards and stake with you!
Sara,
Talk about cute hair, I LOVE your hair! I had so much fun chatting with you at Lindsay's house that night. And I have loved getting to know you better through blogging.
Lisa,
It's so funny that you mention that baptism. When we got there and I saw you, I actually got a little bit giddy! I had only met you that one time at the lunch at Tami's, and I was so excited to see you again. I love reading your blog every day. You are a wonderful person and I can't wait to get to know you even better!
The first time I met you at a Stake Relief Society broadcast, we ended up chatting for a long time afterwards and I just remember thinking what a cool person you were. So easy to talk to, and a great personality.
Yes Sarah, I think they actually had to ask us to finally leave since we were the last group of women there! But it was so much fun finally meeting you and being able to chat face to face.
You and I first met in Walmart. You caught me reading those smut magazines. I said some dumb stuff and how I was getting my hair cut the next day.
Good times...
Nan,
You're so funny! I didn't think you said dumb stuff at all. The thing I remember most from that visit was Josh and his buddy choosing that exact moment to see just how loudly they could make Jake scream. It. Was. Awesome.
Yes, I know Brooke. And it is definitely a small world! She and my sister used to work together, when Brooke lived in Utah. So, any time I would stop by my sister's office, I would see Brooke. I think Brooke and my sister are still good friends. And Brooke found my blog, through yours, and through Elizabeth's. I didn't remember her until I saw a photo on Brooke's blog and then I knew instantly. It is so fun to find people and to meet good friends, like you and Brooke.
I think it's totally funny that you and I have had our best conversations over Messenger!
Trying to convert Laura! By the way she's trying to get artificially insiminated next week!! I don't know what to do with that girl.
I would have to say my favorite memory is your bird poop post. Sorry to bring that up again, but that was classic.
Nicole,
Isn't that so funny? What time should we meet tonight to IM? :)
Amelia,
Yeah. Laura. It was an...interesting experience wasn't it? I wish her luck though getting pregnant!
Donald,
Thanks for bringing that up again. I thought I had seared the memory from my brain, but you just brought it back! Just kidding. It was gross, but you're right, it was FUNNY!
I know we have talked about this many times already, but my first memory of you was before I got married and you and a friend came to the mall, where I was working, and stopped by to say Hi and give me some advice about the best "G's" to buy!! Your hair was longer then!!
One of my favorite memories is just seeing you at church at the 108 building. I always knew who you were and you always looked and still do look great. Very stylish with the clothes, hair, and shoes! :) You were and are always so nice and friendly to me. It seems once swim lessons is over and school starts, I'll never see any of you people that live on the other side of 68. Not even at school. Oh well. Thank goodness for Blogs.
Well, I didn't have the priveledge of getting to know you when we lived in WA, but I just remember talking here and there in the hallways at church. I always thought you were so pretty and you had great hair! You were always so friendly and I wish we could have gotten to know eachother better, but I'm glad I have that chance now through our blogs:)
Holy comments! :) Let's see... a memory I have is when you and I chatted about the dance costumes the little girls wore during that performance put on by Synergy, how shocked we were about their atire and how we would never let our girls wear clothes like that for dance or otherwise! :)
Holy comments! :) Let's see... a memory I have is when you and I chatted about the dance costumes the little girls wore during that performance put on by Synergy, how shocked we were about their atire and how we would never let our girls wear clothes like that for dance or otherwise! :)
So hear I am coming a little late to this but I just had to post!
I remeber standing and rocking with you in Relief Society when Dylan and Josh were just tiny babies! I also have another memory of you that you may not even remember and I am not sure if I have ever told you the signifigance of it to me before. When Chloe was a baby and we had just brought her home from the hospital her soft spot was enlongated (wider than normal and longer) I was home by myself and freaking out a little waiting to take her back to the doctor. You called me at the perfect time because of your knowledge on those kinds of things. We talked for a long time and you really put my mind at ease. I really appreciated that. Your call came right when I needed it. You are always so kind and in tune with everyone. I love that about you. That is something I will always remember about you! Thanks so much for that.
Taunya,
Yes, those memorable dance costumes...thank goodness they weren't for our girls! It was always so much fun chatting at dance, wasn't it?
Kim,
It really does seem like yesterday that we were rocking those boys in the back of the R.S. room. I seem to remember a lot of chats in the mother's room back then...if they could call it a mother's room. Do you remember it used to be a shower converted into a "space" where 1 chair could fit and one changing table? I remember many a nursing session sitting on the bench that took up the rest of the room.
Thank you so much for that memory of our phone conversation. You are so sweet. I really didn't remember it until I read your comment. I'm glad that I was able to help, even if only in a small way. Love ya!
Post a Comment