I'm sure my kids are no different from other children. At least I tell myself that anyway. They tell it exactly how they see it. No holds barred. Sometimes this can be a really good thing. Other times...not so much.
Take tonight for example. I left all of the kids with Spencer while I went to get a haircut. When I sat down in Megan's magic chair, she asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I didn't really care. As long as it looks good, I'm totally happy. The reason that I can have this lacksadaisical attitude about my hair, is that I ALWAYS know that whatever Megan chooses to do, it will look fantastic. She's just that good.
She told me of a new cut she was thinking of for me, and I said "Go for it!" And she did! And I love it! It is quite a bit shorter, and it's not quite as angled in the front, and I have more bangs, and I LOVE IT...oh wait, did I already say that?
So, I head for home feeling pretty darn spanky about my new 'do. In fact, I couldn't stop touching it. The back just feels cool. I walked in the door, and immediately my children decided to put their two cents in about my new style.
Josh: "Mom, your hair looks like a boy haircut"
Jake: "Mom, your hair wooks ugwy"
Hannah: "Mom, it kind of looks like an old school, Jr. High haircut...not that that's bad...I really like it Mom!"---Yeah, nice cover Hannah!---And yes, she really says "old school"...like ALL the time.
It's really okay with me if my kids haven't jumped on the fan wagon for my new style yet, but couldn't they at least try to make mommy feel good!
I try really hard to teach my kids to be honest. Well, at least I know the message is sinking in.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
No, no. Tell me how you really feel
Posted by tharker at 11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 Thoughts:
Where's a picture??? I always trust my hair in Megan's hands too. She's great!
I want to see a picture too.
Hannah says old school, that cracks me up. Yes, I want to see the new haircut too. I get to see it for real in less than a week!
Kids do not like change at all. It is really funny how they are quick to comment. Let it sink in for a couple of days and they will say different.
I know it is cute on you.
Yes Brooke, we were just discussing yesterday how excited we are that you'll be here in LESS THAN A WEEK!!! I can't wait to see everyone!
I'm pretty sure that kids sometimes just say those things when they arent' used to something, I think it's just their way of saying somethings different. I haven't seen the new doo obviously but with Megan as a stylist and you in that chair, it's got to be fabulous. I can't wait to see the gorgeous you.
Gotta love kids.. I want to see a picutre!!!!
This is so true. Sydnee told me on Sunday that my stomach looked big. Um, where did that come from??? I'm just like, Thanks Sweetie. I need a picture of your hair. I'm always gone before your swim lessons start. Pictures please.
I'm sure it looks great!
you can pull anything off! picture please?
I can't wait to see it... what do 8-4 yr olds know about style anyway?
Kids and their honesty!! I'm sure your hair looks gorgeous--it always does. How about a picture?? I need some inspiration for a new "do."
Crack me UP! How old is Miss Hannah? I was thinking she was quite young but that sounds like something that would come from a thirteen year old. What a funny precocious little girl.
It really is so true how honest children are. Alexandra, but mostly Lorelai will quite often say to me "Grandma you have a fat tummy" or that old chesnut,"Grandma your arms are so fat". It always makes me laugh because what can I say, I am. But when I finish laughing I tell them that, that is not nice to say to people. I never worry for myself, because it really doesn't bother me, but it wouldn't be so funny if they said that to someone that wasn't Grandma.
Kids are the cutest! But, I have to agree, the are seriously lacking in the tact dept some times! :)
First of all the "new do" is very cute. Anything would look great on you and that is another reason you can always trust Megan.
Second--just to warn you--your kids comments are normal and it gets worse when they get to be teenagers. Good thing we mothers can let it roll off our backs, or we wouldn't have any self-esteem at all.
Third-now that Jan had squirreled on me I might as well come out of hiding and let you know I love your blog. You're funny, real, and cute as can be Tiffany. I really WILL get a blog soon--really. Jer
Hooray Jera! I can't wait to read your blog!!!
Ouch. Well, I think it is lovely.
I saw the picture of your hair first, and then I read this post. I think your hair looks great and you look beautiful.
Post a Comment