Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spencer also bought me this album. I have loved OneRepublic ever since I heard 'Apologize' on SYTYCD last year. The funny part of this story is that he bought it for me a few days ago, but has been listening to it in his car ever since. Ya know, just to make sure it was "okay" and all. Funny, funny guy. And I love him!

My sweet sister in law is making me one of these!! She made this one earlier this year for her daughter, and I (sorta) jokingly said I would love one for my birthday. Well, she remembered, and soon I will be the proud owner of a beautiful new apron! Thank you, thank you Brooke!


Another of my sweet sisters in law, Michelle (she's private now, so no link) and my father in law gave me this book


and this one. They know me so well! Thanks guys, I can't wait to start them!


(photo via flickr. I don't have a picture of the real cake because, well... it's gone!)

Brooke and Michelle also made my very favorite cake in the entire world. Have I ever mentioned just how much I LOVE Carrot Cake? Oh I have? Woops. If I only have Carrot Cake on my birthday every year, I'll be a happy woman.

My children made my day by cleaning for me. They vacuumed, dusted, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned one of the bathrooms for me. All without complaint! Just for that, I wish it could be my birthday every day.

Last night, we invited some family over, and Spencer (bless him for this) BBQ burgers and hot dogs. (out in the thunder and lightning!) Other than the little storm, it was a great evening filled with family and laughter. It was the perfect end to a rather perfect day.

Thank you to everyone who called and to those who left me warm wishes on the blog. I love ya!

20 Thoughts:

SuzanSayz said...

That sounds like a pretty darn near perfect Birthday!! I bought and read "The Glass House" earlier this year. I still don't know how I feel about it. It will make you furious and it will break your heart and then it will lift you up. It will also make you think and make you grateful for what you have.I'm interested to hear your take on it Tiffani. BTW, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

Ms. Kristen said...

Carrot Cake....sounds so good right now!
Happy Birthday to you! I am glad you had a wonderful day!

Shayla said...

Happy Birthday, Tiffani! Sounds like you had a great one. I love that OneRepublic album, it's been one of my favorites for months now.

Mama said...

Happy Belated! All day yesterday I was thinking that I needed to send you some birthday cheer...I don't know what happened. I always remember your birthday because it is right after mine.:) Glad it was happy!

Marilyn said...

I am so glad you had a lovely birthday. The food, the drink, the gifts all look amazing. By the way, The Glass Castle is a great read, though a bit shocking, I couldn't put it down.

You deserved such a great day.

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and that you had lots of thoughtful gifts from the ones you love. Carrot cake makes my mouth water! Hope this is a great year for you.

dirty>south said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday. You totally deserve it!

dirty>south said...

Uh, yeah, that was me, not Jared.

Kris said...

What a great day you had Tiff. The books, the clean bathroom, the no chores, and the thoughtfulness of your friends. How fun to get spoiled for a day! Happy Birthday!

PRP said...

I'm glad you had a great day and that I could be a small part of that. You deserve it!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Tiff!! Looks like you were well taken care of:)

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Tiffani. Sorry I missed this. You scored majorly though. Look how well loved you are. The 30's really are some great years. Enjoy them with all those new goodies.

Stephanie said...

Awesome Birthday!

Lee said...

Happy LATE birthday! I am glad you had a great 31st!!!

hatch said...

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday! I love that apron! Sooooo Cute!

AOlson said...

So glad you had a great birthday Tiff!! You are so wonderful, you deserve being pampered!!

Casee said...

It's good to hear that you had a happy birthday! And I am with you on the carrot cake, yum!

Heather said...

What a great day! Glad you got some pampering.

polka dots said...

Happy Birthday Tiffani! Didn't you just turn 30? Crazy.

Chell said...

Glad you had such an awesome day! You deserve it..

I am also a HUGE Nicholas Sparks fan..I have read everything he wrote as well as watched the movies!! :) I seem to cry through almost all the books though! Such a baby :)