Sunday, September 07, 2008

i CAN sew.

Thank you to my sweet mother in law for her patience. We had a sewing date last night, and she taught me how to make this cute little thing. I love it, and wore it all day long. {Minus the 3 hours spent at church} Yeah, I know that sewing an apron is not all that hard, but for a sewing challenged girl like me, this is huge! Now I have two adorable aprons to flit around the house in. I flit, I flee, I fly.

Speaking of my sweet mother in law, she also made this darling bag for me. I LOVE it! She was worried that it would be too big, but really...can it be too big? I don't think so! This little cutie accompanied me to church today. We will definitely be enjoying many more outings together! Thank you, thank you Wileen!

24 Thoughts:

AOlson said...

Umm, yeah, totally JEALOUS!! Way cute Tiff!

Jan said...

I am loving this apron and bags. I think you are on to something. Esty maybe?

Kris said...

Super cute Tiffani. I would like to learn how to make one of those bags. Glad you are using your skills and your MIL's help. I would need it too.

tharker said...

Oh Jan, now you're just talkin' crazy! I will NOT be doing an etsy page. Trust me when I say that NO ONE would want to pay for anything that I handmade. ;)

I would however love to make more aprons because I think they make fantastic gifts. I know I loved my apron gift!!!

Shells said...

Fantastic job Tiffani. I love both the aprons and the bag.

Lisa Christine said...

It's perfect! I love the colors!

You are getting me really excited about my new apron that will be showing up in the mail any day :)

Lisa Christine said...

Oh yes....and the cinnamon rolls....DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Super Cute! Congrats on a your sewing accomplishment. And that bag IS adorable.

Michelle said...

Your apron is great, and the bag is VERY cute. I want you to know that I thought of you and your pretty aprons yesterday as I wiped marinara sauce on my 7th grade home ec. creation-- yeah, I still have it, and sadly, I'm still using it. I said to myself, "I bet Tiffani won't be doing this to her aprons!"

Sarah said...

That turned out really cute. Your sewing skills are looking pretty good from this view!

Heather said...

I'm sure it's great, and I do love that bag!

Casee said...

Wow, you have all sorts of goodies now! Way to go!

Thompson Family said...

lol, after all your apron blogging I got all motivated and pulled out my dusty old sewing machine (yep the one I haven't used since I was about 12!). I made Kaity an apron and bought fabric to make one for myself. And if they come out ok then I even said I would make a mother/daughter set for a fund rasier at Kaity's school. Thanks for the awesome ideas!!! And yours of course is fabulous!

PRP said...

I'm completely impressed. It's adorable. And that bag is perfection.

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric. I can never find any that cute. Good job on your projects!

Shellie

Jessica said...

Way to go Tiffani! That turned out really cute!

Nicole said...

I am SO impressed. Way to go Tiffani!

tharker said...

Shellie,
The fabric for the apron and the bag is at Craft Warehouse. It is made by Cathy Yosheda (sp?) She has a pink and brown collection as well as this blue. Then she also has a really fun brown with polka dots collection too. Go check it out, you find something you'll love!

hatch said...

I love it! I love the apron, love the bag love it!
I would love to learn how to sew an apron, because I want one sooo bad! How fun to to that with your MIL. She is a talented lady.

hatch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reba said...

Very cute. I love your fabric

Brooklet said...

I love the apron and the bag- they both turned out so lovely. Way to go and good luck on all your new aprons- I think that its about time hannah got a new apron!

Kim said...

I'm so impressed that you went over to Wileen's and made this like you said you wanted to. Its so cute!!! I dare you to wear it to church :)!!!

~Amber jo~ said...

CUTE!!! need i say more. I seriously love it.