Friday, September 05, 2008

Cookin' pretty








Ever since receiving my sweet little gift from Brooke this week, my mind has been taken over by aprons. I can't get enough of them. I even wore mine while cleaning my house the other day. How Donna Reed is that? But get this, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I felt pretty while vacuuming. Do you need to feel pretty while vacuuming? Well no, but it can't hurt right?

I've been dreaming all week long of how I can get my hands on some more pretty little aprons, and I came across the cutest little etsy shop. {This is actually the first time I've ever searched etsy)

Boojiboo has the most adorable selection. I'm all about the Amy Butler fabrics and patterns right now. They are just bright and fun, and I love them! So it got me thinking, how hard can it be to make an apron? If 7th grade Homec students can do it, surely I can learn. Right????

Well, I'm going to try anyway.

26 Thoughts:

Jan said...

The apron Brooke sent is just so you. I love the twirl. These are so cute. I need to think apron too.

PRP said...

These are adorable! I can't wait to see how yours turns out, since we're about equal in the sewing department!

Heather said...

I'm sure yours will be fine. Show us the pics.

AOlson said...

Make me one too, please!!!!

Marilyn said...

The FIRST time you've ever searched Esty??? That's crazy...but then again I'm addicted to Etsy. Very cute aprons.

Kate said...

I am just now really getting into aprons too. I love them! And what is great is that the aprons on etsy arent really that bad priced either! Can't wait to see your masterpiece!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Before you even said it, i was totally thinking, "Tiffani has the skills to do that." Go for it, why not feel pretty while doing housework. Are you going to do the high heels too?

Andre said...

It shouldn't be that hard. It's mostly straight lines. But if you need help you know where to find me!

tharker said...

Marilyn,
I figured I would get a shocked reaction from ya ;) I know, I know. I'm behind on the etsy love, but I can see now that there's some great stuff to be found. But you'll be happy to know that I made my very first etsy purchase this morning. Someone who recently had a birthday will be receiving one! (and don't worry, she already knows about it ;)

Casee said...

Tiffani,

I would love to make an apron, let me know how it goes and if you find some wonderful patterns.

I love these aprons by the way, they are all so pretty!

Marilyn said...

Tiffani,

Yay for your first Etsy purchase! I'm sure you've got the Etsy bug now too...or am I just a crazy Etsy fanatic?

Michelle said...

I would really like to know where to find Brooke's pattern. Please tell me she didn't make it up on her own, and i can get a copy!

The Donald said...

When I was a young lad, I would watch Donna Reed on Nick at Night. I was in love with her.

With that being said, it is nice to see aprons making a comeback. I know Lisa can't wait to get hers in the mail!

Kim said...

My birthday is in June. :) Hopefully you'll be a master seamstress by then!!!

Kris said...

I love all of these aprons Tiffani. I think you could make one. I'd be so impressed, maybe I'll try and retrieve my sewing machine from the depths of my closet. Can't wait to hear about your success.

Lisa Christine said...

I can't wait to see your creations. Perhaps there will be a giveaway in the near future ???

I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Lovely Lindsay said...

yeah! go for it. there's a great book at craft warehouse right now. full of cute aprons and patterns. {plus one of the only stashes of amy butler fabric in the tri-cities}. can't wait to see!
++++
i love how everytime i run into at the grand 'ol wal-mart. i'm a mess - and you're adorable. really cool, huh.
love, lindsay

tharker said...

Um, Lindsay...you were NOT a mess. Just for the record.

It was great running into you. If my apron is not a total disaster, then yes, I'll show everyone!

Terilyn said...

The aprons are so cute! I think I would love one. Really, I think housework would be so much more of something to look forward to if you looked cute doing it. AND if you give the impression that you are cleaning house while you are wearing it - whose to say that you can't wear it 24/7 so when you answer the door it looks like you've been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Not like you've been sitting on the couch eating bon bons.
SMART

tharker said...

Oooh, Terilyn you have thought this through brilliantly! Genius, I say!!

Michelle said...

I found the pattern for the Emmeline apron here:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14920072

Thanks for the info! And yes, you could sew that!

Kelsey said...

I was just introduced to Amy Butler and I can't get enough as well! Such cute patterns and bright colors! If only they were more affordable. I am inspired to try an make an apron of my own now! I could definetly use one!

SuzanSayz said...

JoAnns has their Simplicity patterns on sale for 1.99 each. This weekend I'm pretty sure. I've been in a sewing slump lately but maybe I will get a pattern and make up a few aprons. I know Lisa would love one for each day of the week. Hmm, maybe for Christmas.

Jessica said...

Those are adorable! I can't wait to see yours!

Sarah said...

Cute, cute, cute. I'm always a mess in the kitchen and could easily add a few more aprons to my stash. Good luck with your project.

Elizabeth said...

That's funny that you said this, because I have been thinking about making myself an apron lately too. Like just this past week.

We must be kindred spirits. :)