Just like any other child, Jake says lots of funny things. And just like any other child, he gets very frustrated when I can't understand exactly what he's trying to tell me. Sometimes his frustrated moments are really funny. Here is one of my all time favorites.
Jake goes to see the happy people at Shriner's Hospital twice a year. Last year, Elizabeth decided to join us for one of our trips. On the way, Jake became very frustrated and began to cry. And when I say crying, I really mean blood curdling screaming. In. A. Van.
Me: "Jake, calm down and tell me what is wrong"
Jake: (in between sobs) "I can't see my @$$!"
Me: "WHAT?!!!"
Jake: "I. Can't. See. My. @$$!!!!"
Me: "Jake, calm down. First of all, don't say that, it is a bad word. Second, people can't usually see their bums."
Jake: (breaking into more hysterics) "I didn't say a bad word! I SAID I can't see my @$$!"
(He repeats this about 3 more times)
At this point, Elizabeth and I are DYING of silent laughter in the front of the van. While Jake is wailing and thrashing about not being able to see his you-know-what, she notices that he is tugging on his ears..
Ahhhhh, now it makes sense! He can't see his EARS!!!
You see, both of my boys have this funny accent like they're from the Bronx or something. So of course when he was trying to say ears, it came out all wrong. My son doesn't have a potty mouth after all. Phew.
Apparently, he was trying to get a good look at himself in the rear view mirror, but was having trouble seeing his ears. And apparently, this frustrated him. And apparently his mother is too dim witted to figure out what her 3 year old was really trying to tell her.
Lesson learned.
Thursday, September 04, 2008
You can't see your WHAT?
Posted by tharker at 12:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 Thoughts:
That is hilarious. Thanks for the good laugh, Tiff. I really needed that today.
How did you keep yourself from cracking up laughing? Too funny!! Gotta LOVE that Little Jake.
That is so funny! My favorite of my kids was Kyson couldn't say R's very well, so my brother thought it was hilarious when he would say "percy" one of his Thomas trains... You can guess what it sounded like... It was pretty darn funny! By the way, I LOVE THE APRON!
I am laughing so hard right now, that would be so hard not to laugh out loud at!
Oh my, where would we be without 3 year olds? Donald had certain sounds he couldn't say and for some reason he would always use f instead of t for several different words. He, like most little boys loved cars but especially big trucks. There was nothing funnier than hearing him say, "Mommy look a FRUCK a FRUCK!!!!
I would love to meet your children, from all of the entertaining stories I hear, it sounds like they are all a hoot! Thanks for sharing.
Sheesh, what is it with these boys and their Boston accents? Grandma was trying so hard to get Trenton to say purse correctly and after about three or four attempts he tells her, "My body diss can't do dat."
I also have a hard time not laughing at small children using profanities. But as I've learned (the hard way) this response just encourages such behavior...go figure.
Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one. I would have been hard pressed to keep my laughter inside. Sometimes it's just too funny.
It must have been so hard to keep those laughs inside! This is sooo funny.
Funny!
My Lorelai has a 'boston' accent. I think it gives kids character when their speech has that extra little something special.
That's a good story. It made me laugh.
That is too cute for words. I love your typing skills in disguising the word :)
Yeah, this is so funny! I love to hear what little kids say. It's so cute.
This just made me laugh SO Hard! I love all the aprons, too - just need to throw that in.
Post a Comment