
Seriously. How can you not love a face like that? And she still looks like this to this day. No, she's not 4 now. ("you know I'm kidding right?") Michelle, a.k.a. Shells is turning the ripe young age of 29 today! And I'm not kidding when I say that she still looks like this. She is still just as gorgeous and sweet.
I met Michelle 12 years ago (eeek! that was a long time ago!) when Spencer and I began dating. She was in high school, I...okay I was barely out of high school. She was quiet and shy, but the thing that I was most impressed with was her genuine sweetness. She was just so kind, and would do anything to help. And holy cow, this girl could work! If you wanted someone to garden, clean, babysit, whatever...Shell was your girl. She is one of the hardest workers I know.
When Spencer and I were engaged, he was off at school, and I stayed here for four months. During that time, I spent almost every weekend at his family's house getting to know them better, also known as practically stalking them. I could not get enough of his family. They were so different from my family. So....normal. One of the things that I loved most about his family was being around his sisters. I never had sisters, so this was something completely new and fascinating to me, and I ate it up. Shells even let me do her hair and make-up for a dance or two. How sisterly is that?!! Thank you Shells for loving me and accepting me.
Michelle's hard work ethic continued through College and Graduate School, earning her a Law Degree. That's right, she's a Lawyer!! Michelle is crazy smart. I tell my children that one day when I can no longer help them with their math (like 5th grade), that Aunt Michelle will be getting lots of phone calls from us.
Michelle's most important job and one that she is very, very good at is that of being a wife and mother. She is the wife to Tom, and absolutely adores him. She is the mother of two sweet young children, Mikey and Abby. Even though I don't get to see her in mothering action more than a couple of times a year, I am always in awe of her patience and love. She is a wonderful mom, and her kids are so blessed to have her.
I love you Shells, and hope you have a great birthday!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
This little cutie is having a birthday!
Posted by tharker at 6:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Thoughts:
What a loving tribute to your sister in law. It's funny how those who were once completely unknown strangers, marry into your family, or, of course, you marry into theirs. And within a very short time you love them so much and can barely remember a time when you didn't know and love them. I really love that!
Thank you Tiffani. You've brought tears to my eyes and I cannot believe that it has been 13 years. I loved that you came and hung out with us during your engagement. I'm sure you noticed that we never had anything going on during the weekends and I was afraid that you would think we were boring people. It all worked out. Now I need to go clean my kitchen and get my kids away from the disney channel that they are currently watching so that I can live up to this post.
Isn't Michelle the greatest? I'm so impressed she got her law degree.
Speaking of lurkers....I've been a lurker on here for some time! hahah
Glad to finally get that off my chest. :)
Love that girl. I didn't realize that her dad and her shared the same month and so close. How fun.
I don't know Shells but what a sweet tribute!!! I love that we can lift each other so much with some thoughtful words and little bit of our time. Love ya!
Happy Birthday Michelle!!!
Will you send me an email so I can get your email address. I got a new computer and wasn't able to get all my address moved over.
What a lovely tribute :)
You're funny. 5th grade is when i totally lost the touch with my kids math.
Happy birthday Michelle. I remember her as a young women. I always looked at both Brooke and her and said, "I want my girls to turn out just like that."
What a wonderful tribute. Happy birthday Michelle!
hm, I know michelle, and I second the birthday wish and the tribute- Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment