Monday, October 27, 2008

Mockingbird...Blackbird...


Currently, I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird. Again. Thank you Rebekah for lending me your copy. I fell in love with this book in high school, and have read it several times. The goodness of Atticus Finch gets me every time.


Next on the list is, The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I found a used copy on Barnes and Noble.com for $3, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

14 Thoughts:

Lisa Christine said...

Love "To Kill A Mockingbird"! M favorite. In fact, I always had the name 'Atticus' picked out for a boy....never got to use it....oh well. Happy Reading

Michelle said...

I love The Witch of Blackbird Pond! I just started reading it again this fall, but I didn't finish. (Of course, it helps that the great guy is Nat for my Nate.) I'll have to break it out again. Maybe I'll read it on Halloween.

Marilyn said...

I never had to read TKAM, but I really want to read it, and I LOVE the name Atticus so much, I think if I were having a baby boy, I would be really tempted to name him Atticus...it is a great name.

Oh, and Steel Magnolias is one of my top 5 favorite movies ever...I have a funny story about seeing that movie the first time, I'll have to share it with you when we go walking...tomorrow? let me know if that works for you.

Sarah said...

I have not read either of these books since high school I think. That's one thing about a good book though, is that you can read it multiple times and still enjoy it!

Casee said...

I can't wait to read something besides textbooks. That will be a glorious day! I think I will come back here and get some recommendations!

Amy said...

I really need to read that book. I started it in high school and never got past chapter 2. I have it too, I'll be reading it next. The Witch of Blackbird pond was a good one. I just read it last month.

hatch said...

I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird. I saw the movie in college. I should it. What is the Witch of Blackbird Pond about? It sounds like a fun Halloween read.

Shells said...

I've actually read both of these books and enjoyed them both. Have fun reading.

Jessica said...

I love to kill a Mockingbird, I haven't read it for a while though, I should again! And I haven't heard of Witch of Blackbird Pond, looks good!

Kate said...

I read the witch of blackbird pond and just loved it, its a quick read but a lot of fun and just the right amount of romance that makes you smile :)

Kris said...

Maybe I should read these books. Can you believe I've never read TKAMB? I don't know what High School English I was in, but apparently, I'm the only one that didn't read it 10 years ago. :)

Jan said...

I need to reread that Tiffani. What a great idea for this winter. It is one book I loved. I have never heard of the witch one though.

polka dots said...

Just finished the witch of blackbird pond. I liked it. you should have come to book group!

The Donald said...

I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time about 2 years ago. What a great book. I enjoyed it immensely.