Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tuesday night date


Tonight Spencer and I went out on a date. Two and a half glorious hours spent together and guess what? We did not mention our children once! That is a rare thing for us. It seems like even when we're not trying, those little darlings always become a topic of conversation.

We went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. The food was delicious. I had the Vegetable Spring Rolls, and the Mongolian Beef. I really....really enjoyed every single bite. I even have some left for lunch tomorrow. Yay me! Spencer had the Wok Seared Lamb. I was very skeptical to try it. I have never tasted Lamb in my life, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

Let me tell you, going out on dates on the weekend is just crazy. Tuesday night is where it's at! The restaurant was almost empty. We were seated immediately and our food was hot and fresh on our table within 10 minutes of ordering. The service was also phenomenal. So forget those Friday night dates going from place to place because the wait is so long. I'm telling you, Tuesday is the night! {For us anyway}

After dinner, we decided to take a stroll around Barnes and Noble for a bit. It was so relaxing to browse through the books and enjoy some more quiet conversation. We have never been very diligent about going on dates. It's just hard when you have kids. We're trying to be better about this. Thanks to Carl and Julie for offering to watch our kids! It was so generous of them. All in all, it was a great night spent with the man I love, and that is what it's all about.

Addendum:
For any of you locals who would like to take advantage of a week night date, I would be more than willing to offer up babysitting services! Go on. Call me!

20 Thoughts:

Amy said...

Good for you! Maybe if Jeremy would actually be home during the week, I could follow your example. Very impressed that you didn't mention your kids once!

Stephanie said...

A big cheer for a wonderful date night.

dandee said...

That sounds completely wonderful.

Lisa Christine said...

Oh how I would LOVE to have a date night like that! Barnes and Noble is my favorite!

Marilyn said...

I agree, weeknight dates are THE BEST. Actually, Brandon and I do the lunch date thing a few times a week, that's pretty great too.

Jan said...

Perfection for the dating scene. I was almost there with you guys in my mind. I know that is a scary thought for you :) Tiff, you have inspired me once again.

SuzanSayz said...

I love week day dates. A word of caution to everyone; the next few weekends are homecoming nights, beware!

Debie Spurgeon said...

You're right, who cares what night it is. Last time we went to P.f's we waited forever for a table and our food. It was fun, but then we didn't get to do anything else. Having left overs for lunch the next day is a real treat.

AOlson said...

How wonderful!! I still have yet to go to PF Changs. I might have to take you up on that babysitting:)

Sarah said...

That sounds like a wonderful date night. P.F. Changs and browsing books makes for a perfect evening. Glad you guys got to do it! And I agree, the weekends are just crazy. You have to go to dinner at like 4:30.

Casee said...

Glad you had a wonderful time, you and Spencer deserve it!

Matt and I are with you, on the week night date nights. We don't go out to eat on the weekends anymore (or very rarely), because we hate waiting two hours (or more).

And I love bookstores, I could spend hours perusing the aisles or sitting, eating something scrumptious and reading excerpts from a book or two.

All in all, it sounds like a heavenly way to spend a Tuesday evening.

PRP said...

Good for you! I'm so envious. It sounds heavenly. I spent the night at the school trying to keep a 3+ mos old quiet during a meeting. Jealous?

Heather said...

Sounds {excelente}!

Kris said...

Jack and I like to go on other nights out, other than Friday too. What a fun time to spend together. I like the babysitting services idea. I'm all for that, doing both. :)

Emily said...

First of all, that picture of my FAVORITE dish at PF Changs is making me salivate!! Rob and I almost always go out on Thursday nights now--SO much better!! I'm glad you were able to get some alone time with your hubby! Doesn't it just make life so much better?

Ms. Kristen said...

Date night is so important! Good for you!

~Amber jo~ said...

I love PF chaings too. we went there once in Iowa. If you ever go again get the lettuce wraps. It is a side-dish but it pretty much fills you up. especially with 2 people you would get alot. I deffinatly recoment it.

Andre said...

I swap date nights with the Browns. I get a date every week! Our favorite thing to do lately is to play the wii. It's more fun not having to take turns with the kids.

Shells said...

I promise that if you come visit, I will let you babysit for me. ;)

Shells said...

oh, and my favorite PF dish is the salt and pepper shrimp, followed closely by the lemon pepper shrimp.