Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Not good on the old self esteem.


Me and jeans fresh out of the dryer are a BAD combination. Enough said.

22 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Mitch calls me "bootilious!" I would rather be LESS booty more lious! Your perfect!
geneil

Thompson Family said...

You know how all the styles from the 80's are coming back...well wasn't it cool at one time to wear jeans that had the rear ripped out and boxers underneath???? Maybe you are just way fashion forward because like Geneil said, you are perfect! (ps - I wasn't allowed to wear that style and now if it were to come back 'in' I still would not be allowed, lol)

Geneil, get a blog! I want to see lots of pics of those kiddos :-)

AOlson said...

Okay, that happened to me when we went out of town for our anniversary. We decided to go for a drive into the little town to take a look around. As I am getting into the car, my FAVORITE pair of shorts that I have worn for like three summers finally gave in and tore exactly like yours did. Kevin just laughed and I did too, but then I was mad and hurt and well, I am sure you know how I felt.

Amy said...

Oh how sad! Just think of it as free air conditioning. j/k. Sadly, I know how you feel. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Lee said...

Oh.. I hate stuff like that. At least you get to go shopping for some new jeans!

Jan said...

Where did you eat again on your date? Must be all that MSG.

Chelsea said...

That is so funny. I thought this happened while they were in the dryer, then I realized it happened once you put them on. Good thing you're a skinny little thing!

Andre said...

You better keep walking! Ha Ha

Debie Spurgeon said...

Tell me you were still at home when this happened.

tharker said...

Yes, thank goodness I was still at home! I kept thinking about it all day yesterday and I was so glad that it happened while I was at home and not out running errands! Can you imagine?

tharker said...

Yes Chelsea, it did happen once I put them on. My jeans are always so tight when they come out of the dryer, so I usually do the old squat and stretch just to stretch them out a bit. Well, yesterday morning as I squatted, I heard a giant RRRR--IP. It is not a good sound!

Vanessa said...

You look great! The jeans must have just worn out. By the way, I tried the bread recipe you sent me and it turned out great! Thanks!

Emily said...

That is too funny! I have a pair of old cut off jean shorts that are my fav! I'm just waiting for that same thing to happen to me!

Sarah said...

I do the squat and stretch with my jeans too. Thanks to this picture I'll be more careful next time. HA!

Heather said...

Wow, this exact same thing happened to me. BUT I was at Fred Meyer and squatting down to look at which Ben & Jerry's carton I was going to purchase. Nice...
Jeremy laughs to this day about that. Luckily he was wearing an long sleeve shirt over a t-shirt, so I stole it and wrapped it around my exposed bootie.

tharker said...

Heather, that is horrible!

~Amber jo~ said...

oh no, i hate that. You get them out of the laundry and they're tight. by the end of the day they are so baggy you need a belt. You'd they would learn! honestly :)

cate create said...

I hate tight pants out of the dryer. I tell myself it's them, not me.

Dave and I go to Barnes and Noble all the time on date nights. We started that back in college when we had no money, and it's still fun for us.

I'm really craving that Mongolian beef after seeing that picture. Oops, there's a little drool....

Shells said...

That is too funny.

Shells said...

That is too funny.

Jodi said...

This is funny. Good for you for having such a good attitude about it! That is quite the rip!

Jodi said...

Oops, this is Kristen. Jodi's computer is still down, and she came over and was on mine all afternoon. I guess she forgot to sign out!