I had a great conversation with a friend this morning. It lasted an hour and a half, but that's beside the point. {my mom used to say that all the time and it drove me batty...and look, now I'M saying it!}
We talked about many things that were on her mind, but mostly we talked about perspective, and how it's all about what you choose to focus on. It was such a good conversation, and I haven't stopped thinking about it all day.
I'm a glass half-full kind of a girl. It's who I am. No, it's who I choose to be. Does that mean that I ignore hard things in my life or pretend they don't exist? Not at all. But I choose to focus on the good in life because the good by far outweighs the bad.
So, I'm curious. How do you see this glass? Is it half-full or half-empty?
{Technically, in this picture it looks more like 2/3 full, but let's ignore that. Okay?}
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 Thoughts:
Honestly it depends on the mood I'm in. But I will say this, I feel much HAPPIER when I'm viewing things as half full. I appreciate things much more. Lately, I've been feeling a lot more "half-full", but it's like you said, I choose to be that way.
I am a half full girl. Always have been. The other way just doesn't even make sense to me.
Half full. Like they sing in that song at the end of the Monty Python movie, "Life of Brian"
"Always look on the bright side of life." (doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo!)
And while I do also pay attention to negatives things around me and around the planet, I don't let it bring me down. Life is too short!
I have to admit I can be pretty negative about things sometimes, but my life always is better when I'm trying to focus on the postive and take things in stride.
It depends, but I would say I am mostly glass half-full girl. Especially right now! Life is wonderful, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and I graduate in three weeks!
I consider myself to be a half-full girl.
Half-full. It's easier to meet the trials and walk through them. Kevin's motto "It is what it is". He ALWAYS says that. Chin up and go forward no matter what!!
I have always been a half full girl.
It depends on the situation. This is a good for me to think about. Thanks.
Depends on my mood and how life is going. I would like to be the 1/2 full girl all the time, but unfortunatly I'm not.
I like being half-full, and I think I am most of the time.
I will try to be more half-full. It is hard at times, but even with my struggles I can CHOOSE to see it that way. Thanks for the perspective.
I'm with Kevin, it is what it is. I've never really understood this question. It isn't half full or half empty, it is simply half a glass. I believe in seeing things for what they are. There are so many blessing in life and there are so many hard times. What do we do? We enjoy the good times, we learn from the hard times, and we try (or at least I try) to find the meaning in them all. To see what something truly is in my life is more important that trying to forgo the mourning when it can be a truly healing thing. One thing I have learned this last year is that in some cases is it very helpful to see the really bad times as they are, knowing it made you stronger, and knowing it gives you a greater capacity to appreciate your blessings.
I guess some would say this is a glass half full perspective. I just feel calling it simply half a glass allows a more open and realistic view of our lives.
Sorry for the soap box. This is your blog, so I'll get down now.
It depends on what is in the glass! Honestly, I think I always start by looking at the glass half empty, and then remind myself that it is actually half full. And that it could be full of something I don't like, so I will take half a glass of what I love!
Welcome Lorie!
Im definitely a half full kind of gal. :)
Half full. Definitely. I have a dear friend who is a half empty person and she is perpetually unhappy. It makes me sad that she can't see the good in her life. She only sees the hard things. She's denying the blessings, in so doing. And it's unfortunate.
My sister got a little romper outfit for Elisabeth not long after she was born. It was made by the 'Life Is Good' company. It had a half full glass of milk on the front and said 'half full'. She thought it was the perfect way of describing Elisabeth's situation for or family. Many would see it as a trial, burden, or something tragic. We just see her as the biggest blessing of our lives.
Half full...I definately see things half full :)
Post a Comment