I am cold!
And here's why:
- I turned our heater down to 68 degrees because our last Natural Gas bill was 230 bones.
- I'm a total wimp! I want my balmy 72 degrees back, but I want a lower gas bill even more.
I'm off to bed now and I'm going to pile on the blankets! See. I told you I was a wimp!


16 Thoughts:
I so feel your pain. Although 230 is a bit steeper than ours, but still it's all ridiculous.
Ours went up too. With the boys taking showers and washing clothes and eating food, the bill is enormous. I am a wimp too Tiff. I have a fleece blankie on my side of the bed. I love the balmy 72, but am trying to be more conservative.
Did you notice you can't read Nie's blog..
Okay, that is hilarious Tiffani. I can't believe you had it at 72 degrees! We max ours out at 67 during the day and 63 at night....brr, I know. Don't worry, Michael has a space heater.
I don't know what kind of water heater you have, but when we lived in one place where power was really expensive, I adopted a cold-water-only policy for laundry. Everything still gets clean and I was amazed what a difference it made in my power bill.
I'd probably still be wearing my t-shirt and no shoes if I was at your house. I think my family is freezing to death here. I can't stand the heat on! Next year, I'm sure it will be different! :)
This time of year my hands and feet are freezing and I feel so cold all day. I know what you mean about the stinking high gas bill. We usually have our thermostat set at about 69/70 during the day and we turn it down a bit at night because it gets too warm for some reason. I have not quite figured that out. The other day though it was so warm outside that we had some windows open. Crazy weather.
I won't be coming over until spring...
My mom used to cuddle up to baked potatoes in the old days. Maybe you should try that, although Spencer might not like being picked or spuds.
ps I can't wait for sunshine, birds chirping, and flip flops, oh and the sound of sprinklers.
I just got caught up on all your posts....YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
Holy heating bill! Do you do the budget plan? It makes things balance out much better.
Brr that is cold. At least you can always add more blankets!
Ya! What is with the gas? Ours was $370.00! UGH! I need spring to come!
Our heat is down to 68 as well, and I am always complaining about being FREEZING. And then my husband reminds me that 32 degrees is freezing and our house is well above that. Although it doesn't seem like it. Good luck!
I HATE BEING COLD!! I'm praying as hard as I can for warm weather (and some relief on our gas bill). I'm whimpy too. :)
Post a Comment