Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I think we have a winner.

I've been on the hunt for the right make-up for quite a while. I wanted something that feels light on my skin, but also gave great coverage. I also wanted something that is more healthy for my skin.

I've been sampling different products for the last year or so, looking for the one that's right for me, and I think I've finally found what I'm looking for. I really like how it feels, but I'm still playing with the coverage a bit. I love the brushes too, they are fabulous!

One of the lines in the ad for Bare Minerals is that it is so pure that you can sleep in it. That's a good thing for this girl who isn't so great about remembering (read: taking the time) to wash her face at night.

Have you tried this product? If so, please share your thoughts, and any tips you might have.

11 Thoughts:

Rachel said...

I love this stuff. It's what really converted me to using foundation brushes. The concealer brush is great for applying the foundation to cover under-eye circles.

dandee said...

I've always been interested in Bare Minerals...

I have wondered about how it would work with dry skin. I tend to be more on the dry side and am worried a powder would juct accentuate that. What have you found?

Sarah said...

That's good to know. I'm always looking for something with good coverage to even out my skin tone. I feel like I've been using products that are not that great, just becuase I'm too lazy to try anything else.

Thefab4 said...

I have been using it for years and it is the GREATEST!!!! When I place the foundation, I use the small buki brush. I use the flawless foundation brush for the warmth and blush (glee) along with the mineral veil. You will get better coverage with the buki brush. I really like the rever-upper eye (sold seperatly).
You have found THE GREATEST make-up!
It's true...you don't brake out with it!

PRP said...

Oohh, I'm interested now. I love mineral makeup but I haven't tried this particular brand. Let me know how you like it!

Kate said...

My mom uses this and LOVES it....I am waiting to finish up what I have stashed till I go and try it out.
Tell me how you like it after a while :) Glad you found something that works!
Also, hope you are feeling better!!

Kris said...

I've wanted to try it too. Where did you buy it? At Christmas I almost bought a starter kit at Fred Meyer. It looks like a great product.

Kristi said...

Where did you buy it? I bought Sheer Cover Minerals makeup from TV. I liked it, but I don't like buying according to their schedule, instead of getting it when I need it, so I'm on the hunt for different makeup.

Shayla said...

I had been really interested in trying the mineral makeups, as well. Like Danyelle, I have drier skin and was worried about a powder, but I love the idea of how light and simple it is to use. I was afraid of spending a bunch of money and then not liking it. A friend told me about E.L.F. makeup (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/) and how they have the mineral stuff for cheap. I've been using it for a few months now and really love it. I sometimes worry about the coverage, but the price is right and I've gotten lots of compliments so I keep using it... I'd love to be able to compare it to the other brands, though...without having to spend the money. :-) Oh, and to answer Danyelle...I've had LESS problems with my dry skin while using the powder makeup than I did with the liquid. Another reason I love it so much.

AOlson said...

Never tried it but always looking for something new and better. Let me know how you like it.

stylist to the stars said...

I love mineral make up. I would never switch. I am so glad that you found something that works for you :)