I am in awe of people's goodness and generosity. Over the last few weeks, I've been the recipient of so many kind acts. I am so thankful for people's concern and love.
A few weeks, ago she showed up on my doorstep with dinner in hand. She knew I was feeling awful, and saved my family from yet another meal of Top Ramen. I was so thankful not to have to cook, and it was so delicious! Josh ate 4 helpings!!! She also very generously lent me a huge box of maternity clothes! They are already coming in quite handy!! Thank you again Lindsay!
The day that I told her I was pregnant, she arrived with fresh donuts from Vierra's! Thankfully, I wasn't feeling yucky yet, so I enjoyed every single morsel! Thanks Karen!!
Upon hearing the news, this sweet one made her way to my front door bearing tears of joy, a thoughtful and heartfelt card and little gift. What a sweet surprise it was to see her standing there! Lovely Lindsay is the perfect name for this gal. Everything about her is truly lovely! Thank you so much Lindsay!
Several days later, she called and asked if she could bring me a treat. She said she had made too much, had been thinking of me, and wondered if I'd like some. Since I'm one to never turn down treats, I promptly said sure! A few minutes later, to my surprise, not only did she arrive with said treat, but also a large bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! I was floored, but also so thankful! She didn't know it, but when she called, I was actually on my knees bowing before the toilet.... (and had been for the previous half an hour) How did she know to bring that soup? I don't know, but it was so greatly appreciated! Thank you so much Kim, you're wonderful!
Last week, she showed up in my kitchen (Spencer opened the door, but I didn't even hear her come in) with a darling handmade paper box filled with those yummy little waxy chocolate donuts that I love so much. Just out of the blue, and so thoughtful! Thank you Amy, they were so good!
After seeing my stash of Saltines in church one day, she decided that I needed better snacks, so one Saturday afternoon, I opened my front door to see her standing there with her arms full of snacks and treats. I had to laugh because here was one very pregnant lady giving snacks to a newly pregnant lady....it was like the passing of the torch....it made me giggle! Andrea, you are so sweet. Thank you for thinking of me! (In case you all aren't aware, Andrea gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday morning! Colby Clay Hayes is finally here! We are so happy for the Haye's family! Congratulations a million times over!!!!)
This girl called me just this morning, and asked if she could stop by for a bit. It was so great to finally meet her sweet little baby boy and to have the chance to visit. She surprised me by giving me one of her very cute maternity dresses! It is darling and will be perfect for the winter when I'm all big....and bigger. You are so kind Kristen! I love the dress, and I can't wait to be able to wear it!
I feel so undeserving of all this love...the food...the well wishes...the phone calls...but I am so grateful for the good women that surround me on a daily basis. You're such amazing examples to me. I've been feeling like a loser lately because I've been the recipient of so much goodness, and haven't felt like I could return the favor. But that day is coming soon. Soon, I will be paying it forward.
Thank you, thank you!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Recipient.
Posted by tharker at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 Thoughts:
Tiffani, I am glad to hear that you are getting spoiled by all of these lovely ladies, you deserve it! And I hope you start feeling better very soon!
You are so lucky! i'm so thrilled for you and your treats and friends. I have gotten no food :( Not no food, I cook and eat! I'm not starving.
I wish we lived closer to be preggo together!
The best feeling in the world is knowing you are loved!
I too am so glad that you're being spoiled. You've been here to help so many of us have babies and get through pregnancy and it feels great to be able to return the favor!
I too am so glad that you're being spoiled. You've been here to help so many of us have babies and get through pregnancy and it feels great to be able to return the favor!
So glad you are being spoiled...you deserve it! :)
If anyone deserves it, it's you! You are such a wonderful friend!
oh tiffani. so much love! sit back and enjoy your growing season. {even the puking part.} let us all take good care of you. i've been the sweet recipient of your treats on my doorstep, YOU are lovely.
love, lindsay
You totally deserve to be taken care of. You are always thinking of others too!
You are loved. Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring to hear of the generosity of others.
You are one easy person to please. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the pampering. We are all so excited for you. Besides, there are so many things that you have done for all of us, that it's your turn to be the recipient.
Yes, you are one great person! You are always the first person to help out others. I really appreciate that about you. I'm glad you can be so spoiled by everyone.
How lucky you are to have so many great friends! You deserve it. I'm sure that the reason you are so loved is because you love on so many people yourself.
What an amazing group of friends you have-a priceless treasure. Good friends make everything better! :)
Post a Comment