Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Boring.

:: Not a whole lot going on around here. Just swim lessons, trying to avoid the heat, and attempting to be comfortable. I don't even know why I'm trying though. I'm only 20 weeks, and I'm already feeling as uncomfortable as I usually do at the end of my pregnancies. Yeah, that doesn't bode well for the next 20 weeks. I talked to my doctor about it last Friday, and he told me, "Welcome to pregnancy in your 30's!" At least I know it's normal...or at least I hope, anyway.


:: Hannah is gone for a few days. She went with Grandma and Grandpa to Idaho for a family reunion. Originally, the kids and I were going to go, but over the last few weeks, as I've gotten more and more uncomfortable, the thought of driving 10 hours by myself with the kiddos seemed less and less appealing. So, when Grandma and Grandpa offered to take Hannah with them, she jumped all over it! She's so excited to go on this trip alone. This is her first experience really being away from us, and while she is so giddy, I am so nervous. I know she'll be fine, but I guess it's that mama instinct that pulls out this worry in me. She's going to have a blast playing with cousins and visiting extended family. I can't wait to hear all about it on Monday when she comes home.


:: I'm still working on my bag. I had a little issue with the pleats, but I finally got them right. (after re-doing them 3 times!) Thank goodness for seam rippers! Thanks to Amy for being so patient with me. I'm a little slow on the sewing uptake sometimes, but she seems to put up with my ineptitude pretty well! We're working on it again tonight, and hopefully I'll make some real progress, and will be finished very soon. Lindsay finished her bag yesterday, and it turned out super cute. Go check it out! Hopefully I'll be posting my very own bag within the next couple of days.


:: I'm feeling baby move a little more each day, and I love it! We're not certain yet, but we think we like Eva Rae for her name. (or we might spell the middle name Raye...haven't decided what we like best) One thing's for sure, Spencer's dad LOVES it! He made up a song, and sings it every time we're around. He cracks me up!


:: Not much else going on around here. We're pretty boring these days, but boring is okay with me.

11 Thoughts:

PRP said...

I can't believe Hannah is gone! How fun for her and hard for you. Don't worry-she's in great hands and she'll be home soon!

I'm loving some Eva Rae. Can't wait for the final decision!

Shells said...

I love the name Eva Rae or Raye or Ray, or however you choose to spell it. I'm bummed that we're missing the runion too. We should get together on the phone and have a pity party.

So excited to see your finished bag.

Jan said...

I hope that you are going to have fun missing Hannah :) It is funny how moms and daughters have that bond thing that is hard to part.

Have fun with all the summer fun and baby kicks.

Lisa Christine said...

I love that name! So beautiful!

Amy said...

LOVE the name! I can't decide which spelling I like better! They are both beautiful.
I'd say you made more than progress on your bag tonight! I'm so proud!

Brooklet said...

That's fun for Hannah to be on a trip with the grandparents. having been on many camping trips with them, I know she is in safe hands with grandma, though grandpa will try to scare the living crap out of her with ghost stories, but i think she is too rational a child at this point.

i can't wait to see your bag, i am sure it is going to come out just lovely, with pretty pleats.

And I like Eva Rae or Raye, however you spell it.

Kris said...

Swim Lessons and being pregnant is a lot of work. You are a good mom for taking your kids everyday and sitting on those benches for 2 1/2 hours. (I know that you are there so much earlier than me!) Yeah, welcome to the 4th pregnancy in your 30's. Just wait, it only gets better...cough, cough! :)

AOlson said...

Loving those daily swim lessons and our chats, but feel bad tht you are so uncomfortable. Eva Rae rocks! Both spellings are beautiful!

Shoeaddict said...

uncomfortable here too!!

I love the name Eva Rae. My own middle name is Rhea. It's an old family name pronounced "Ray".

Sara said...

I love the name Eva as you know and I hope you get a little break from the heat and just enjoy the rest of summer.

Casee said...

Love, love the name. It is beautiful!