Friday, July 10, 2009

Short List.


Lauren wants to know what we don't love that most people do. My list is short.

Chocolate Cake.

Call me un-American. Call me crazy. I'm okay with it.

I just can't stand the stuff. Give me a yellow cake, a white cake. Or... if you really love me, give me a Carrot Cake (with delicious Cream Cheese Frosting).

13 Thoughts:

Reba said...

psst. I'm with you.

Shellie said...

I am going to have to process this for a few days.

Brooklet said...

I had no idea. And yet I have so many questions- what about texas sheet cake?? Really, how can any one not like that. Great, I am now craving texas sheet cake and poppy seed cake (just because I thought of it). I might have to go to the store. . .

tharker said...

See, the weird this is, I love Texas Sheet Cake. It is the only kind of chocolate cake that I do enjoy. For some reason regular chocolate cake just bugs me. I think it's the texture. It's different than Texas Sheet Cake. I also enjoy brownies...but not chocolate cake. (this one always perplexes Lindsay!)

Kris said...

I'm right there with you. I hate chocolate cake too. I love white or yellow, but I do like me some Texas Sheet Cake. So weird I know. Glad I'm not alone on this one!

Stacia said...

Most always I prefer pie to cake, except the All American Chocolate Cake at Costco. Have you tried that? It has 3-4 layers and fudgey frosting. I love Texas sheet cake too and like brownies over cake. So I kinda get it, if I have the choice I prefer other things to cake. And I do like carrot cake, costco once again makes a good one.

tharker said...

Stacia,
I bought the All American Chocolate Cake for Spencer for Father's Day, and he of course LOVED it! Me...eh... It looked delicious, but I could only handle a few bites of it. I'm so weird...I know! And yes, Costco does make a yummy Carrot Cake!

::lindsay said...

This disturbs me. It's like you can't even call yourself a dessert lover.

Andre said...

I'll call you crazy. But if you don't eat it, then that means there is more for me!

polka dots said...

i don't know what to say to this. i'll call you crazy too!

AOlson said...

I will overlook this one tiny thing and still continue to be your friend;) I am with Andrea though, it just means MORE chocolate cake for me!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, that is hard to believe. Chocolate Cake is so divine. But, I am married to a non-chocolate cake person so I can understand a tiny bit of where you are coming from.

Amy said...

mmm... carrot cake with cream cheese frosting...