Hannah has been begging me to let her get a haircut. And she wanted it CUT. I was hesitant because I liked being able to do lots of things with it, but let's face it...she's almost 10 and doesn't love the idea of mom doing her hair very often. Resulting in her hair looking pretty heinous most days. I actually don't know why I fought the urge to cut for so long, her hair has been driving me crazy! So I finally decided that she was old enough to choose how her hair should look (within reason). I made the call to Megan on Monday, and Hannah was practically counting the minutes until her appointment yesterday afternoon.
This was taken on the last day of 3rd grade with her teacher. It's a pretty good representation of what Hannah's hair looks like day in and day out. Except for the fact that it's actually out of her face and not completely stringy looking. Most days, that's what she looks like when she comes home from school. Or, she goes with her other classic, the pony tail. I don't mind a good pony tail now and then, but the problem is, she doesn't do a very good one. It usually has hair hanging out, and is pretty low and saggy, but she will not let me fix it for her. So in an effort to just let her be her, I bit my tongue (most days) and let it go.
Here she is post cut, all short and sassy! And she LOVES it! She actually had a similar hairstyle when she was 4, and it was my very favorite look on her. Again, why did I fight this for so long?
And for good measure, she decided to throw on my hat.
{sorry for the horrible photography skills}
Thank you Megan for making my girl deliriously happy about her new hair!



14 Thoughts:
Oooh, I really love it. It is very cute. I hope she has an easy time with it.
How are you??? How's that baby girl?
Super cute! It looks a lot more full and bouncy. Now you have a mini-me Tiff.
She looks adorable! I love it!
Yeah, I love it too! So adorable. I agree with Sarah. Mini-me of Tiffani!
oooh, I love it! Amazing how much thicker it looks.
So cute!
Way cute! I loved your comment on my last post. I was laughing out loud when I read it, and I don't do that very often!
So cute! I especially love the one with the hat!
She did look soooo cute. I'm glad you let her pick her own hair. I think that it's suprising when you let them pick what they want, it ends up looking really good.
Nice job Hannah :)
So, so cute!
She looks so GREAT!! Love it Love it!! And the hat on her SO adorable!!
Very cute!
OH, I LOVE IT!!!! She looks so cute!
It frames her face beautifully!
Post a Comment