Friday, October 23, 2009

::My favorite things:: Pregnancy Edition

Because enquiring minds want to know, {not really} I am sharing with you a comprehensive list of my favorite things during this pregnancy. So buckle in, cuz it's gonna be a wild ride! {not really}



:: Full panel maternity jeans--Call me an old lady, but I need that panel pulled ALL the way up over my belly. I can't seem to keep those below the belly panels from constantly falling down.


:: Grape juice--I cannot get enough. Especially if it's ice cold...oh, hello...


:: Naps--Can I just say how thankful I am that an episode of Tom & Jerry is set to DVR each day? Keeps Jake happy while I catch a quick snooze on the couch.


:: Food--Once I began to feel like a human again {around 14 weeks} I began to really {really} love food again. I think about it all day long. As I've mentioned before, I've become sort of shameless about it. Don't put it past me to have invited myself over for a yummy lunch, or to have helped myself to something tasty on a friend's counter. I'm so embarrassed every time I think about it because that is usually not me. I promise my food induced rudeness will end very soon, but until then, I'm thankful for friends who can laugh with {or at} me.


:: Air conditioning--Normally, I am the cold one, but this entire pregnancy I have been roasting. All. The. Time. Apparently I froze out everyone on our trip to Seattle. I'm so sorry ladies! The A/C is no longer running in our home, but I still feel warm, and the thermostat is at 68 degrees. I wish I could turn the heater off, but I don't think my family would appreciate it on these cold nights.


:: McDonald's Sausage and Cheese McMuffins--I had a bad experience with them early on, so I gave them a break for a while. But for the last few months, my love for them has only intensified. Again, kind of weird because normally I would have one maybe once a year. Out of the desire to save the last shred of pride that I have, I will not be sharing just how many times I make the stop through that darn drive through and indulge my obsession.


:: Walking the baby aisles at Target.--Even if I don't buy a thing, it is so much fun to peruse the darling outfits and do-dads for baby girls.


:: Crying--You might wonder why crying is on my list of favorites, but I have to say that I've had many a good cleansing cry throughout my pregnancy and it has done wonders for me! I always feel so much better when the tears are shed because then I can actually think rationally. Usually I realize that whatever it was that was bugging me wasn't really that big of a deal after all.


:: Baby girl's nightly kickboxing sessions--She's definitely the most active at night, but I love that quiet time that I have on the couch each evening just feeling her move and kick around. I have a feeling that we'll be sharing lots and lots of evenings together once she arrives, and I can't wait!


:: The look in my kids eyes when they feel the baby move--It's literally like watching magic happen, and I eat it up every time.


:: Spencer's concern for me--He's always asking me if I'm okay, or if I'm feeling alright. He looks out for me, and I totally appreciate it.


:: My belly--I thought that I would never be able to experience pregnancy again. While some parts of the pregnancy journey are not super fun, for me one of the best parts is watching my belly expand a little more each week to make room for this growing life inside of me. It's such a miracle!


:: The dreams--Vivid. Sometimes strange, but always so real. Last night I dreamed that I was invited to cjane's home to hang out with her and the entire family. I called her "Court" throughout our visit, her sisters were kind and charming, her mother told jokes, I told her dad that he gets my vote for Provo Mayor {even though I don't live in Provo} her brothers teased, and I balled when NieNie and Christian walked in the room. I then went shopping with Courtney and Stephanie to find a dress for a fundraiser gala thingy. Next, I took a shower and found a blue lizard at my feet. {see?...strange} The whole thing was so real, and so sweet. When I woke up from the dream, I kept trying to make myself dream it again.



I've definitely done my fair share of complaining throughout the last several months, but I've also tried to be thankful and enjoy this journey. It might be my last, and I want to remember it well.


14 Thoughts:

Kelly said...

That is a great list Tiffany, I'm so happy for you! I too was a hot prego lady...it's the only time I've gone to bed without ice-blocks for feet.

Kim said...

Tiff, that was fun. You're the best. I totally get the dream thing and almost everything else on your list.

Amy said...

Love it! I agree with the over the belly thing. I can never keep those other ones from falling down either.
Oh, and I LOVE sausage mcmuffins. And I'm NOT pregnant.
I loved that my kids could feel my baby move. I would tell them it was his foot, and they would say "he's giving me a foot 5!"

May all your wildest dreams (or dream) come true!

Amy said...

...minus the lizard, unless you're in to that whole thing.

Kris said...

I love all of your favorite pregnancy things. It kinda makes me miss being pregnant. Just a little......!

Lovely Lindsay said...

i craved grape bubble gum. i'm wondering the grape significance???? dearest chelsea-cheif-momma helped me whip up some fresh grape juice. hmmmm. maybe i'll be making a visit with a jar for you soon.
++++
you MUST try the artisian breakfast sandwiches at starbucks. hurry before you have this babe and the food frezy is over. they are fab-u-lous.
++++
i love a good cry - and man, oh man, you should love that sweet belly of yours. it's the cutest.
love, lindsay

Lovely Lindsay said...

oh! that ei in chief is going to drive me NUTS. sorry 'bout that.
oh - and the missing n in frenzy.
love, lindsay

tharker said...

Lindsay,
I would happily take a jar of grape juice! Thank you!! That Artisan breakfast sandwich sounds yummy...and if I combined it with a huge hot chocolate...Mmmmm.

vwbabe said...

Such a great list! I am so glad that you are able to think about the good things in this pregnancy. It is a miracle. I am so excited for the baby shower tomorrow! Can't wait to spoil you and baby girl!

PRP said...

Yeah, Sausage and Egg McMuffins pretty much sustained me for my entire pregnancy with Austin but I don't think I've had one since. Might have to give one a try...

Loved your list, loved your thoughts, love you!

Sarah said...

As if us women were not already the emotional creatures that we are, pregnancy just kicks it up to a whole other level. I was looking at baby pictures of the kids the other day and got really choked up thinking how fast that time went by and and how in a year I'll be thinking the same thing about these babies. Sniff, sniff....

I love that you're grubbin on some McDonald's egg mcmuffins. I don't think it's bad to have a guilty indulgence while you're pregnant, especially with all of the pain and suffering we have to go through. Got to have some kind of compensation. Ha.

Brooklet said...

I, too, love walking the baby aisles at target, even though I don't buy anything.

Anonymous said...

love this.

i think a lot of us
have had similar
kendrick/nielson/clark
family dreams.

and i had "morning"
sickness till i was 8
months along and would
have eaten an egg mcmuffin
for every meal if my husband
would have let me. in my right mind, i don't go within
10 feet on mcdonalds :)

Reba said...

I have to tell you, I glanced over at you with your adorable belly on Sunday and I had just a moment where I actually wanted to be pregnant again, just for the belly. You look great!