I haven't been very diligent about recording those funny little sayings that come out of my children's' mouths lately. Sadly, as they get older, those funny little sayings come less and less. Here are a few gems from the Jake-Man that I have to record because they're just too funny not to.
"Mom, can we please not take the short-cut? I want to take the long-cut!"
On our way to Bear Lake in August, we stopped at a gas station, and I took Jake inside to use the bathroom. After finishing up business, he looked in the toilet to inspect his handiwork (does it every. time.) and said with some wonder, "Wow, it looks like a Pine Cone!" He then sat there for a few seconds, and you could literally see the wheels turning in his mind before he voiced his thoughts, "I don't think I ate a Pine Cone today..."
A few days after Jake started Kindergarten, I asked him how he was liking it. He replied with this answer, "Well, it's a little boring right now, but I think by September 19th, I'll love it."
He's had so many fun questions about the new baby coming our way. A few have had to do with how the baby will come out. "Will she come out through your belly button?" But my personal favorite is this one, "Mom, if I yelled into your mouth, would the sound go down your throat and into your belly so that the baby could hear me?"
One thing's for sure, life is never boring with Jake around.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Out of the mouth of Jake.
Posted by tharker at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Thoughts:
I don't know... at Bear Lake it could have been very possible to EAT a pine cone! :)
HA! These gave me a chuckle. Gotta love describing to your children just how the babies will come out. It gets more creative every time.
Too cute. That is a great idea to write them down. Sims says funny things all the time. Maybe I will have to do this too....Can't wait for baby!
Did you let him yell down your throat? That is too cute!
Hilarious! What a cutie!
That. is awesome. Love the pinecone. lol
Post a Comment