Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Back in the day (like 5 years ago) Lindsay and I began working out together. A few Step videos here, The Firm there, maybe some Pilates or Turbo Jam. We did pretty well...for a couple of months anyway. Inevitably, we would slack off, and find ourselves at Target instead. Funny how that happened. Then we would start all over again. Some might say that we aren't the best team. Oh, well. We have a great time together. Effective? Sometimes. Fun? Always!

So we're starting again. But finally, we think we've figured out our problem. We would always start strong, a little too strong, and then fizzle out. This time, we're taking things at a slower pace. Yesterday, we walked a couple of miles, then did some abs and stretching. Today, we worked out separately. Later this week, we'll walk again.

Yesterday, as we were stretching, you would have thought that my living room was filled with a bunch of 80 year old women instead of two thirty-somethings. If you could have been a fly on the wall, you would have seen us trying with all our might to simply touch our toes, and you would have heard a constant refrain of "Oooooh! Eeeeeee! OUCH!!!!" It was so utterly pathetic. And yet, so funny. I think my stomach actually hurts more from laughing at ourselves, than from the crunches.

The "old ladies" will be walking again later this week if anyone wants to join us.

7 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

Hmmm.....Feels like crickets chirpin' in the comments section of this post. Guess nobody wanted to walk with us Tiff! :)

PRP said...

I want to walk! What days are you going?

And it will be really sad if me and my laying-around-for-6-week self can go faster than you two...:)

Casee said...

I wish I lived closer so I could go walking with you two, I would love to have someone help me get motivated!

tharker said...

You may very well pass us up, Karen!

Lisa Christine said...

I think this lovely Spring weather is getting everyone in the mood to get out and move.

Happy walking :)

Kris said...

You guys make me laugh. Such fun times together. I'd love to witness Karen passing you both! :)

Amy said...

Ooh! Pick me!

Fun fact about Amy: I have never in my life been able to touch my toes. And still can't to this day. Just not flexible one iota. (actually not so fun. It's lame!)