Thursday, July 15, 2010

Never say never.


I always do this.  A trend comes along, and I swear that I'll never join in.  {i.e. skinny jeans...but now I love them!}  And when I say a trend comes along, I actually mean it resurfaces, because most trends are just a re-run anyway.

My latest item of clothing that I swore I would never wear again?  Leggings.  I already did this.  In 6th grade to be exact.  '88-'89.  Oh, yeah!  Sadly, it resembled the style in this picture...minus the pink hair, but definitely the neon bright colors.  I love me some '80's, but man what was the thought process for some of the fashion?

But as you can guess, as is with most things that I say I'll never try or do, I did it.  I bought a pair yesterday, and guess what?  I love them!  I really should just stop saying the word never.

The only problem is that after seeing the dress that I paired with the leggings, my son asked me if I was pregnant again.

Well, that's just peachy.

9 Thoughts:

PRP said...

I've been wearing mine for months and months...told you they were perfection! Except for that pregnancy part...that part kind of blows.

Lovely Lindsay said...

leggings are saving me this summer! love them!

Emily said...

I think I'm going to need to see pictures of these outfits you're wearing....I can't do leggings or skinny jeans, but maybe you can convince me otherwise!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

sorry...I can't spell. what I meant to say was:
Tiffany, your posts are always so insightful and often hilarious. Thanks so much for the button. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you!

Stacee said...

i haven't gotten any of the leggins, I don't do the tight pants either. I like to be comfortable with my pants. I don't like to dress like everyone else. Never tried it...we'll see!!

Andre said...

Don't know what I think about leggings coming back. I wore them in 6th grade. Some styles are not worth revisiting. I'm still wearing boot leg jeans. Am I so out of style?

tharker said...

Not at all Andrea. I think no matter what cut, as long as the jean is flattering for your body then wear it!

I do love the pair of skinny jeans that I have, but I prefer the pair of straight leg that I bought a couple of months ago. I think for my body, the straight leg looks better.

Casee said...

I love leggings! And some people can pull off skinny jeans, but I am not one of them, so I say if you can pull it off, good for you!