Remember when I mentioned a very special little something involving Jake and his new wheelchair? The time for unveiling has come! A few months ago, our friend Tyler called and asked Jake to be in a photo shoot and commercial for Ti-Lite. Jake was very excited about the idea, and was literally counting the days until he would be, in his words, "the luckiest boy evah!"
These are a handful (or fistful, if you will) of pictures that I snapped throughout the shoot. I can't wait to see the video and what the photographer was able to get!
We met up at the Playground of Dreams this afternoon for the shoot, and the weather could not have been more perfect. Warm, but not too hot. Beautiful and sunny.
One of Jake's favorite features (and mine also) is how incredibly lightweight this chair is. He has become quite the "wheelie" expert, and pops one any chance he can get. {Thank goodness for anti-tip wheels.}
A little play time on the rings.
A chance to use those 'guns.
Success!
Then he saw the monkey bars...
After playing in the playground for a while, he did a quick change, and got wet!
He had a blast.
This might just be my favorite picture of the bunch.
Watching him fly around that park just made my heart happy.
A special thanks to Tyler and the Ti-Lite guys for this amazing chair! Jake truly loves it. And thanks to Brad and Kim for being so great with Jake today. You made it completely comfortable and fun for him. Thank you!!
The video will be on youtube, and as soon as it's available, I'll pass along the link!
{oh, and be sure to look for your's truly making a fool of herself on camera}



















18 Thoughts:
What great pictures. What an amazingly handsome boy.
I'm so excited for Jake. His face says it all! Can't wait to see the final product.
So cool for Jake!
Love him! How fun was that!
Ms. Kristen
How awesome! Like a local celebrity :)
Those are some great photos, he looks so darn happy!
Remind me to ask for his autograph after the commercial comes out on youtube :)
So exciting! Glad he is getting some time to shine. I love his happy little face.
he is one handsome little guy!! or should I say big guy!!! And holy cow he is strong, look at him work those rings!!
How nice that he has no tip wheels, when we were little we use to fight over who got to play in my uncles wheelchair and well we usually ALL made it fall over while popping wheelies, those no tip wheels would have come in handy for us, HAHAHA!!
So cool Tiff! So just an interesting tidbit... I used to nanny the kids of the owner of TiLite, a very good family :-)
He is the cutest kid ever! Oh my goodness, what a little heart breaker. And what a neat experience for him! I am so happy there are so many resources out there to make his life as normal as possible. What a blessing. Oh, and like Kate, remind me to get his autograph next time I see him :)
That's awesome! Jake's a movie star!
How cool is that?! What a fun opportunity! So glad he was able to enjoy the spotlight! What a handsome boy!
I love the new chair color! His happy face, and the fact that he got something so important for you and for him, is so exciting. How cool that Tyler thought of you for this great opportunity! Loved these photos Tiff. Can't wait for the video!!! :)
I can't believe how much he looks like Jaron in the "success" pic!
This makes me so happy!!! What a wonderful chair!!
Erin,
I've been thinking the same thing lately. The older he gets, the more I see Jaron in his face.
Thank you everyone! I think he's pretty darn handsome too!!
what a fun experience for the both of you!
What a CUTIE! Sounds like he had a blast!
That is such a cool chair! And such a handsome boy!
Post a Comment