Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flu. Of the Stomach Variety.





After an extreme run of good luck last year, in which we completely dodged any type of the flu, we are now taking our turn.  Eva came down with a yucky cold a couple of days ago, and has had a rough time sleeping with her cute little nose being so stuffy.  Then, last night around 10:30, Jake woke up and...well, released everything.  And then released it all again at least once an hour all night long. 

The poor boy is so exhausted and weak from going through such a rough night.  He's still not doing well and has been quarantined to our bedroom complete with a large bowl, the TV remote, and instructions to view as much Nick Jr. and Phineas and Ferb as he can handle.

Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.  Unless you count 1.5 hours as a lot.  I don't.  The crazy thing is I'm tired, but I can't sleep because I expect Jake to yell out any moment with a need for a back rub while he once again says hello to his extra large bowl.  So instead of sleeping, I have Lysol-ed every surface in our house and scrubbed all of the floors.  I feel like I need to do everything I can to keep Eva from getting sick.  I might be fighting a losing battle, but somehow smelling that lemon-y clean scent throughout my house makes me feel a bit better.

Lucky me, I too am feeling it coming on.  Thankfully, it is Spencer's day off and he has been fantastic, taking care of Eva and going to the grocery store for me.  I'm hoping that things are looking up tomorrow when he has to return to work.  Cross your fingers!

Oh, one more thing.  I'd like to thank the mother of the boy in Jake's class, for sending him to school after throwing up a few mornings ago.  It was so nice of her to send her son to infect the rest of the children.  Really.  Thank you.

 

 

5 Thoughts:

PRP said...

So sorry. Keeping my fingers crossed for Eva and the rest of you.

Sarah said...

I totally feel for you. It's a constant battle trying to keep it away from the babies this time of year. I hate when they get stuffed up and can't sleep, they get so miserable and cranky and so do us momma's. You're right though, a clean house always helps things feel a bit better. So glad you got some help today and hopefully a bit of rest.

Elizabeth said...

Oooohhh ugh and yuck.

Hope you get feeling better soon. :(

xoxo

Lisa Christine said...

:( I hope that by today everyone is feeling a little better at your house.

Brooklet said...

ughghg. That sounds MISERABLE. I despise the stomach flu and all its evil. Hopefully by now you are all on the upswing and done with the flu (well, until next year, that is).