Can anyone tell me how my baby went from this
to this
in the blink of an eye?
Today, I am feeling so...I don't even know how to explain it. As I look through pictures of the last year, I'm left wondering how it went so quickly.
The passage of time is a funny thing. When I was a child, it seemed like time could not move fast enough. Waiting for big events like Christmas seemed like agony to my young girl heart. How could I wait a whole 5 months after my birthday for Christmas to come? I marked time by these two events. And it always seemed like time was ticking by at a snail's pace. Now, I long for that slow tick-tock of the clock. I wish time could just slow down.
The years I spent praying and longing for this baby, and all of the heartache that I felt were long and difficult. I wondered if the day would ever come, while trying to hold on to those sacred feelings of assurance that in time...the right time, my prayers would indeed be answered. But oh, how slowly that clock seemed to tick.
Then one day, in the dark of an early April morning, I realized that my prayers, so many years of prayers had been answered. My wait was over, and it was as if those years had simply melted away. Four years of heartache, gone with just one look at the double lines appearing on the pregnancy test.
Then came the baby growing. Oh how long those 9 months can feel. With all of the joys of pregnancy, and the not so joyful moments (i.e. morning sickness, heartburn, feet swollen to the size of balloons) those months can seem to drag on and on.
And suddenly, it was time. After a very long Thanksgiving Day Labor, our beautiful baby girl was born. Love for her and gratitude for the gift that she is, were the most immediate and overwhelming feelings. I was instantly lost in her. I feel like I've spent the last year in an Eva haze, and it has been wonderful.
After waiting so long for her, I wanted nothing more than to just cherish her. To envelope myself in her. To not wish every stage away. It has been the most magical year in our home with this sweet baby girl.
She is...absolute joy and I couldn't be more grateful. Grateful for a Father in Heaven who knows me. Who knows what is best for our family and had the wisdom to send Eva when the time was right.
Happy Birthday Eva Raye!




14 Thoughts:
She was definitely worth the wait. Happy Birthday Miss Eva!
I felt sad in a happy way when Reed turned one also. I loved his first year and it went so, so fast. Happy Birthday to your darling baby (yes a 1 yr old is a baby in my eyes) girl!
I'm with you Melanie. She's definitely still a baby. (and i'll gladly keep her that way as long as possible!)
AHH! I can't believe how fast it goes, this means Jesse will shortly be one too! So crazy! I made your recipe of the rolls for thanksgiving + amazing! Thanks so much for being a baking diva!
She's so cute. I love the boots too! Happy 1st Birthday! Your faith and patience paid off Tiff. So inspiring!
Oh, where has this year gone? Eva is so cute, I love that little toothy grin. I can't wait to see her- she'll be a walking, talking machine by then. Happy Birthday, Eva!
Tiff, I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. Sweet Eva, one already? Happy Birthday sweet girl!
I can't believe she's already one! This post made me cry. What a sweet and wonderful mother you are. Your children are blessed to have you. Eva is just a doll!
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. You have no idea how much they mean to me.
It seriously happens too fast. Man I wish I could hit the pause button... hello, Will went to nursery for the first time yesterday! Happy birthday Miss Eva, and don't be sad mom, the stage she is now entering is the best (and my favorite)!
Will is in NURSERY already? Holy moly!
Hope she had a wonderful blissfully happy birthday. I agree, she was worth the wait. What a blessing and a joy to your family. I am equally sad the twins turned one already. I think it is most hard to come to terms with when you know it is most likely your last chance to experience having babies in the home. (at least for me anyways) I wanted to cherish and enjoy every last bit of their babyhood and it's going too fast.
I read this a few days ago but was interupted before I had a chance to comment.
You wrote this so beautifully, and I am sure that every mother can relate to your feelings...I know that I sure do!
Wow, I did not realize she was already one! That seemed to quick. Isn't it crazy how time flies?
I know exactly how you feel and, sad to say, time just keeps moving on:(
Love the pictures of her eating her cake. Her smile is delicious!!
Post a Comment