Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ballerina Valentines + Download.


My sister in law, Brooke never, ever ceases to amaze me!  Not satisfied with the oh so cruddy (not to mention sometimes trashy) Valentine card selection in the stores, she set out to make her own that her girls would love to give out to their friends.  Being inspired by a ballerina on a pair of her daughter's jammies, she created the cutest, most perfectly girly Valentines ever!



And because she oozes with all sorts of creativity, (that i secretly covet) she also created a dancing ballerina. As in, you can move her legs to make it look like she is actually dancing! Seriously, Brooke. Amazing!




As if her creativity wasn't enough, she is sharing these darling cards with you!  So, if you too have been less than thrilled with Valentine cards of recent years, please feel free to download one or both of these beauties for your own little Dancing Queen to share with her friends!


Supplies for Dancing Ballerina Card:


:: paper and printer

:: scissors

:: brads

:: 2 1/2" hole punch (optional)

:: double-sided tape


Instructions for Dancing Ballerina Card:

1. Cut along tan lines to make two separate pieces of the card.

2. On ballerina card, cut a straight line across from side of card to the edge of her tutu and repeat on other side. Cut along the bottom of her tutu.

3. Use a 2 1/2" hole punch or trace a 2 1/2" circle around the legs pieces, making sure the dot in between the legs is in the center of your circle and cut out.

4. Poke a hole in the center of belt on ballerina and the center hole on leg piece. Connect the two pieces with a brad.

5. Using double-sided tape, tape the top ballerina card, with legs already attached over the background card with the greeting. Make sure to line up the blue sections of top and bottom card.


Thank you, thank you Brooke for saving us all from The Bratz and Trashy Barbie Valentine cards.  Even my 11 year old is going to love these!

P.S.
Brooke says she just might be working on a boy version of her Valentines, so stay tuned!


11 Thoughts:

Chelsea said...

Amazing. I love it so much. I wish I had a daughter to send to school with these. I'll have to keep this on file.

dandee said...

I love these! So cute, Brooke!

PRP said...

Seriously adorable. I may be printing some of these in my future.

::lindsay said...

Adorable! Kaiya will have to take these ones to school!

Lisa Christine said...

Uhhh....yes, we will be using these!! Thanks!

cate create said...

Wow, I am very impressed with her creativity! Also, such cute pics of Eva - I'm jealous of her eyelashes.

Marilyn said...

So stinkin cute! I know once I show these to Lily, she'll be smitten too!

Brook said...

So adorable! Thanks so much for sharing these!!

You little girl is adorable! She can steal Jesse's shoes anytime :)

Heather said...

Hey, I just fuond you through mormon.org! :) I LOVE these cards, they are ADORABLE! i will probably have to make them! :) I think I'll share the idea on my blog (and link back here of course ;)

Elle Belles Bows said...

So adorable!! Saw you over at Heather Lynne's Valentine Hop. You do wonderful work! Kerri

tharker said...

Thanks so much for visiting, ladies! As much as I wish I could claim these lovely Valentines, all the credit defintely goes to my sweet + talented sister in law, Brooke. She is amazing!