Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little bit of random.


I have lots of random thoughts swirling around today.  Welcome to my head.

::  I have been waiting for so long for Eva to be able to wear these sweet little shoes.  She is finally, finally in a size 3. {yes, my 14.5 month old is only wearing size 3 shoes.  what can i say?  she must have elf feet}  They were given to me by Lindsay, who I believe also got them from Danyelle.  They are the most darling shade of red, and I've been pairing them with anything and everything from blue, to red, to white, even pink.  Eva loves them so, and grabs them from her changing table first thing every morning.  These little shoes just make me smile.

::  I woke up this morning at 2:57 after dreaming that my email had been hacked into.  What did I do, you ask?  I rolled over and went back to sleep  I came downstairs and changed my password.  At 2:57 am.  Crazy much?

::  I love this family that I married into.  It is filled with wonderful, humble, creative and fun-loving people.  But I have to say, sometimes I feel a bit like a fish out of water.  See, my mother in law and all of my sister in laws {Monica, Michelle, Brooke, Sunny and Elizabeth} are all creative and crafty and brilliant.  And I'm....not.  I love being around all of them and consider them all my own sisters, but I feel a little silly when I look at the amazing projects they come up with and all I can say is, "Do you want a cookie?"  Lame.

::  We took Jake to Spokane yesterday for his bi-annual appointment at Shriner's Hospital.  Things are looking great.  His Scoliosis has stayed the same!  Meaning the curvature on his spine hasn't worsened!  Meaning, the big old brace that he wears every day is working!  Such good news.

::  I am loving the adorable red and white polka dot flower clip on Eva's headband.  My sister in law, Michelle made them for all of the little girls at our family reunion last summer.  I clipped it onto a fabric wrapped headband and I just love it!  Thank you, Shells.

::  On Tuesday I made what was quite possibly my best batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies ever.  I don't know what I did that was different, because I used my favorite tried and true recipe, but holy cats...they were so good.  {see?  i make cookies...}  I was good and only ate 2 ate at least 10...or more?  I'm so bad.

::  The Young Women in our ward "heart attacked" Hannah last night.  The doorbell rang a little after 8 o' clock and when we opened the door, we found a box of chocolates and a poster signed by all of the girls, inviting Hannah to New Beginnings next week. {New Beginnings is a night for all the Young Women and their parents and includes all girls turning 12 this year to introduce them to the Young Women's Program}.  I really wish that I would have taken a picture of Hannah's face when she saw the poster and candy.  She was beaming, I tell you!  Then, this morning as she walked out the door for school, we noticed that our yard had also been "heart attacked" with sweet little paper hearts that included kind and welcoming messages for my girl, forked into the grass.  She scooped up every single heart with the biggest grin on her face and stowed them away in her bedroom for safekeeping.  I don't think I've seen her leave for school with such a smile on her face in a long time.  Thank you, thank you dear Young Women for making my girl so happy today!

::  I am in love with all of the sunshine we've been having.  I don't even care that it's chilly out, I just eat up this sunshine.  Crossing my fingers for Spring to come soon...



19 Thoughts:

PRP said...

Watching Eva walk around on her little elf feet is one of the cutest things ever.

And that's one amazing YW's president you've got over there...:)

Sarah said...

That is such an awesome idea that the girls did for Hannah. Very special!

Chelsea said...

Yeah for Jake! That is the best news. I still can't get over her small feet!

Kim said...

Sometimes I think of 1 more baby just because I LOVE the adorable shoes and the headbands. Love all the random stuff.

::lindsay said...

So cool what the YM did for Hannah! That's awesome.

Oh how I loved those shoes. They are so cute. Glad they finally fit her!

And don't put yourself down! You are a very talented person and an AMAZING baker! :)

J Sisemore said...

Your gifts are just as amazing... they're just different. How boring would this world be if we all had the same gifts? When you give abundantly of your true gifts, it builds everyone around you.

Hil said...

I am so with you on the whole non-crafter wagon and have crafty people all around me... but I like to think that I make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies as well. :)

I seriously love what the young women did for your little Hannah. How sweet is that?? It's always a scary/exciting thing to go into young women's, but that leader of theirs must have been inspired on how to make the new beehives feel welcomed. Awesome.

p.s. I love that you changed your password at 2:57AM.
p.p.s. Yay! for big old back braces. Such great news.

Kris said...

I think those shoes are so adorable. My mouth is watering for those yummy cookies. My heart is happy for you and Jake's good news. My mind is LOVING the idea for Hannah! My face is loving the sunny days too! Loved this post!

Lisa Christine said...

Those shoes are adorable. They have that expensive, european look.

Brooklet said...

That is great news for Jake! Good encouragement for putting up with the brace.

And it makes me smile to think of Hannah all smiles as she left for school. Awesome idea, young womans!

Cute, cute little girl! Her shoes were just waiting to be walked in! so cute.

Brooklet said...

and seriously, what would rather have someone give you- an awful wrinkly crossstitch picture that you would feel compelled to keep up in your house for 9 years or a chocolate chip cookie? We all have talents, and it's a good thing they are all different.

chchoo said...

I love this post. craft, shmaft. ;)

tharker said...

Brooke,
I literally just snorted with laughter at your cross stitch comment ;) I stinkin' love you!

Marilyn said...

I love that heart attack idea! What a great way to welcome new beehives.

Emily said...

I love it! Those shoes and hair flower are ADORABLE!!

Hannah said...

Those shoes are adorable!! I love them.

I believe that everyone has a little crafty in them. A cookie talent is definitely a craft!

Andre said...

Hooray for Jake, hooray for Hannah, and a big hooray for cookies!

cate create said...

I have to say that no one can "craft" a cookie or roll the way you do.....I'm drooling a bit right now.

Good news about Jake. I love that you celebrate those triumphs! I just love your sweet, sweet family.

Kimberlee said...

Laughing aloud at your crafting blues. Because - I get it. But at least you can make a mean chocolate chip cookies. I'm not even sure I've got that to offer the crafters.