{this picture has nothing to do with this post, i just happen to love it. i took it on our trip over the north cascades highway last fall.}
* My nose is in Heaven at this very moment. Two fat loaves of Banana Bread are baking and my house is filled with the sweet smell of deliciousness. Do you think I will be patient enough to let them cool even a little before I slice into them?
* Today my body is remembering muscles that have sat dormant for...uh, way too long. (let's leave it at that) Lindsay and I started walking/attempting to run. Can I just say that the 5am alarm comes way too soon? We began yesterday and even though it will take some time to get used to the early hour, I'm so glad we're doing it. It just feels good to get this body moving again. During the winter, I become so lazy when it comes to exercise. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm always lazy when it comes to exercise! Here's to change, though!!
* I've noticed a few new readers as of late. Welcome and thanks for stopping by! If you're not commenting, would you mind taking a second to say hello? Scratch that, if you're a new reader or not, would you mind saying a quick hello? I would love to pop over to your blog and do the same!
* I ran into an old friend at church a few weeks ago and she noticed the length of my hair. She asked how long I had worn my A-line style before growing it out. Are you ready for this? 6 1/2 years! Yes, I had the same hairstyle for that long. I had it cut shortly after Jake was born, and wore it that way for 6 years. I tried for a short stint while I was pregnant with Eva to grow it out, but I cut it mid-pregnancy. I say a girl needs to feel cute when she's pregnant! I absolutely loved that style, but wanted a change. It is finally getting to a good length where I feel like I can do a lot with it. But I have to say, I feel a bit like a pre-teen sometimes who doesn't know how to style their hair. I kind of need a 'how to class' for longer hair.
* My top two long hair woes:
1.) The ugly in-between hair stage
2.) When I see people rocking super cute short hair--I literally have to whisper to myself, "Be strong, be strong!"
* I love when I write totally non-sensical, random posts. Just to share a little taste of my every day goings on.
* This is my 764th post. What have I been writing about for 764 posts? Mostly my kids. But if you ask Jake, he will tell you all I write about now is Eva. Okay, maybe he's a little bit right. She's the only one at home during the day and it's just too much fun to snap a cute picture as she's tooling around the house. But to please Jake, I'll be sure to share some of his latest and greatest soon.
* This sunny, slightly warmish weather we've been having is doing wonders for my exploding case of Spring Fever. I love it and want more of it! Only a few more weeks of Winter? I hope.



22 Thoughts:
I do the same thing when I see super cute shorter hairstyles Tiffani. I have a love/hate relationship with my long hair. You will look great no matter what length of hair you have though! Good luck waiting on that banana bread to cool. :)
Just wanted to say "HI!" You commented on my blog shortly after I had my son and I've been checking up on you ever since! :)
I love your randomness and your super cute hair. I remeber the days of 5am running. Not a fan. I'll sleep a little extra for the two of you:)
I love your blog:) I love having short hair right now but I am also in that I want a super cute long side pony again:( I have a few photos with my long hair on FB.
I was thinking about starting the 'grow-out' process, but I sat down in Megan's chair on Friday and said 'cut it'. You're right, that in-between stage is hard to deal with! [and I wasn't so strong!]
i loved this post. and all it's random-ness.
Happy 764 post day!
I have loved following your blog over the last 3 years or more. You blog is one of my favorites and you are one of my favorite people. Isn't it so cool that we can feel a close connection with people that we simply keep in contact through blogs?
Oh, and I am in the same boat when it comes to trying to grow my hair out. I just saw a girl yesterday who had the cutest short haircut and I seriously had to just look away!
I'm mostly a lurker, but I really enjoy your blog. I have a four-year-old boy with spina bifida, and I think that's how I found your blog in the first place.
And I need someone to show me how to do my in-between stage hair, too!
I have enjoyed all 764 of your posts. Keep them coming. Oh and you and your hair always look amazing!
Keep posting I lover hearing you muse about life!
Oh goodness, I am always doing an internal battle with long/short hair. I want to cut it, but I know if I do I won't love it as much as I love it long, but I am at the "all my hair is falling out and I think I could make a wig with all the hair on the floor" stage and so just chopping it off seems like the best option. :)
That is so funny that Jake says you only blog about Eva. Too cute.
And one last thing- I always love reading your blog! It makes me smile.
764?!? You are actually doing what I mean to do, which is using my blog to journal. Oh the plight of the poor older brother to cute little sis huh?! My son would completely agree with yours. :)
Oh my, your long hair / short hair battle sounds like my battle of the bangs. Me and my bangs have a very complicated, unhealthy relationship. Cut, grow-out, pin back. Cut, wash & repeat. Oh the drama and grief that my bangs have caused over the years.
bobby pins are great. There are lots of ideas online. My hair is long and I'm trying to get it up more and doing something new. I have a pinterest board with some ideas you can find my boards if you search for Kim W. Love all your thoughts!
I'm sure that you look fabulous no matter what your hair length! And I have to tell you my first thought was oh that would be fun to walk with those girls. Until you mentioned 5am. Then I thought, oh how fun for those girls!
I love reading your blog! You have such a cute little family and I love your humor and views on life in your posts.
I hate the in between phase of growing my hair out, and so that is why I continue to leave my hair long. I love your new look (and I loved your previous one too!), it is so much fun to change it up.
I'm brand new to your blog, but I like you already. So much to relate to...exercise, hair, comments from sweet readers and the smell if banana bread!! Mmmmm!
These are my favorite kinds of posts. And you're completely right, the grow out phase is the worst!
love this. love reading your thoughts.
and i'm pretty sure i could smell your yummy banana bread three streets up. love: lindsay
When you see the short hair cuts, just think of all the lovely hairstyles with you can do with long hair. I am excited to see you with long hair, as it has been years.
And that picture, I want to go there.
It's not bad to have the same haircut for six years! I had my way short do for 8 years. But I'm definitely glad that Megan refused to cut it when I was growing it out and hating it. I love my hair!!!! (And I love Megan!)
Post a Comment