Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Little Bear Lost.


I'm at a loss right now.  Eva's most favorite stuffed animal in the entire world has gone missing.  We have searched this house high and low, scoured every nook and cranny, every cupboard, every drawer, every closet, under beds, behind couches and even dug through garbage.  Yes, we are that desperate.

She fell in love with this particular bear last summer, when she was just a scooting around the floor, toothless 7 month old infant.  She can't sleep without it.  Tonight, it took almost 2 hours to help her finally fall asleep.  She had a dog that she loves and also a baby doll in her crib, but nothing can hold a candle to her sweet bear with the pink bow.  And while I know it will seem silly to some, it just breaks my heart that we can't find the one thing she wants and finds the most comfort in.

She brought the bear downstairs this morning and I remember taking it from her while she ate her breakfast, so it wouldn't have a milk and Cheerio bath.  I set it on the floor, but after that I don't remember seeing it again throughout the day.  In fact, when she fell asleep in her high chair during lunch, I carried her upstairs and only found her baby in the crib.  It is so frustrating to me when I can't find something.  But especially when it is that special something that soothes my babe like no other!

I even spent a half an hour online tonight trying to find out where I might find another bear like this one.  {even if we find her bear, i think it might come in handy to have a back up}  However, since I received this as a baby shower gift, I have no idea where it came from, so not much luck there.

Yes, it's quite possibly the silliest thing for me to be worrying about at 10:18 on a Wednesday night.  And in all likelihood, we will find the bear in the strangest of places.  But for now, I'm just a bit sad for my sweet babe who just wants her bear.

16 Thoughts:

Sarah said...

So sad! Hope you find little bear soon. We find things in the weirdest places with the twins. It's always the very last place you would expect to see it.

PRP said...

Poor pumkin. I remember when Hannah lost her beloved Violet years ago. She was never found and Hannah will still ask about her now and then. Just what you wanted to hear, huh?

Kimberlee said...

Oh, breaks my heart. Fingers crossed that you find the bear soon. I hate when a favorite toy is lost. And at bedtime...the absolute worst. Oh the things you will do {and the places you'll search} to find a kids favorite toy.

Lisa Christine said...

Oh dear, I hope that by now you've found it. I know how these things are (which is why we have about 10 sock monkeys - no joke)

Good luck!

hatch said...

Any luck yet? That is so sad. I hope you find it soon. Sometime things just end up in the strangest places, esp. with toddlers...

Sara said...

I hope you find it, my Eva has a green blanket and she will only sleep with that. I have two just in case we miss place one. Good Luck on the hunt.

Casee said...

That is not silly at all. I think every child has one thing that they love and brings them comfort, so I can imagine your worry. I hope the bear appears very soon!

Brooklet said...

Oh, poor girl. First off, I love it when little babies are attached to something- especially when something is so cute as that little bear. so cute. Hope you find it soon. Poor, poor Eva.

tharker said...

We still haven't found it. But as sad as that is, what makes it worse is that Eva was sitting on my lap when I pulled up my blog just now and when she saw this picture, she pointed to the bear and started to cry. So sad!!!

Nathan and Bonnie said...

I might very well be one of your 'new' readers, so here is my comment. :-) I totally am 100% with you. I have been there and will be there on looking for things that "really aren't that important in the grand scheme of things," and yet things that you pray for with more fervor than you might expect. You have my sympathy--and I'll send some prayers and good wishes your way! BTW, send me your email sometime and I'll send you a link to my blog!

Shayla said...

We've had lovey's like those with both our girls. Our oldest had a stuffed cow that she loved. We bought a back-up after an incident like this and then she had to have BOTH stuffed cows. The youngest had a blankie. We bought TWO back-ups just in case and now (even at 7 years old) she still needs ALL 3 blankies to go to sleep. What we do for our little ones. Hope you find the little bear soon!

The Harkers said...

I hope you have found Eva's bear by now or at least a replacement she likes! No matter how trivial they seem, a mother's worries are always important because they mean she cares about her children! :)

chchoo said...

So sad! I hope it turns up soon!

Hannah said...

Oh, no. I burst into tears when we lost my daughter's favorite bear. I'm almost as attached to it as she is, so I completely understand. I hope you find it!

Becca said...

oh goodness that is a sweet girl! any luck yet?

tharker said...

Sadly, no luck finding that little bear. I'm still a little heartbroken about it.