The bear has been found and we have the happiest of baby girls! {and mothers!}
So. Here's the story. The bear went missing a little over a week ago, but despite our best efforts, we couldn't find it anywhere. I seriously had to fight back the tears every time I thought about it. Crazy emotional mother? Yep. Finally, I gave in to the reality that her bear was gone and we I just needed to move on. I bought her another stuffed bear, and it was okay...I guess.
This morning, as I was pulling out some of her spring clothes from a tote in her closet, Eva busied herself by running around her bedroom sans clothing. Happy as a clown, I tell you. After returning the tote the the closet, I looked down and there she was {naked as can be} snuggling her beloved bear. I literally screamed! {yes, i'm ashamed...okay not really} I couldn't believe she had found the bear! Apparently, Spencer forgot that on the day of the bear napping, he had brought down a few of the totes in her closet. She must have slipped the bear into the recesses of the tote without him knowing.
She is thrilled. I am thrilled. {probably more than is socially acceptable for an adult} The bear has returned!
Now, to find a back up...
This morning, as I was pulling out some of her spring clothes from a tote in her closet, Eva busied herself by running around her bedroom sans clothing. Happy as a clown, I tell you. After returning the tote the the closet, I looked down and there she was {naked as can be} snuggling her beloved bear. I literally screamed! {yes, i'm ashamed...okay not really} I couldn't believe she had found the bear! Apparently, Spencer forgot that on the day of the bear napping, he had brought down a few of the totes in her closet. She must have slipped the bear into the recesses of the tote without him knowing.
She is thrilled. I am thrilled. {probably more than is socially acceptable for an adult} The bear has returned!
Now, to find a back up...




14 Thoughts:
Yeah for the bear being found! I have spent many an hours searching for Ali's beary(that is what she calls her stuffed bear). There is much rejoicing when it is found.
I'm the same way with my kids' blankets. I am so happy for you...I mean...Eva!
I was just thinking about Eva and her bear this morning! I was going to ask you about it today, too. :) So happy you found it! She is too cute.
so glad the bear was found!! Everyone can be happy now!! LOL
yay yay yay!! she looks so so happy in those pictures! Does the bear have some sort of tag so you can maybe find a backup?
aww happiest girl in town! she is so adorable!!!i'm glad the world is right again! haha
Amazing, funny where little kids will put things. So happy!
that is too cute! i'm so glad you found it. this actually happened to me yesterday. I thought i lost something, then i found it when i was cleaning/organizing my closet. It really pays off to clean your room. :)
It's amazing how attached they get to their things. All of my kids went through the same thing, that they couldn't sleep without that special thing! So happy that the bear is found. I know what it's like when you have to endure the days and nights with anything missing! :) Happy Day for you and Eva!
Tiffany,
The bear does have a tag, but unfortunately it's not legible anymore. She has always loved to suck on the tag and pull on it. So the tag is of no help to me ;)
I did find a website that can locate toys for you if you send them a picture. I might give that a try and hopefully we'll have a back up bear for the next time.
Hooray! So glad that the bear was found! And that pleased face, nothing could be better!
Oh happy day! So glad you found it. And I think she is so glad the bear was found as well.
Also, can I just tell you how much I love your comments on my blog. They always make me laugh. I love your attitude, girl. And your last comment, about the guy in the gym, still has me laughing. What a punk! xoxo
Yay!! So glad they were reunited. That kind of thing drives me batty and I find it hard to let go {like my perfect scarf now lost 2 years...see?:D} Oh and ALL the babies pacifiers when she was just weeks old, which took us a good month to find in Tayvin's little princess purse at the bottom of the toy box! I feel ya girl, I feel ya.
hooray for bear being found! we've been through more lost-friend-drama than i care to admit! after one particularly traumatizing incident which involved leaving my daughter's beloved "pinks" in another state, we went to the pet store and had a small round dog tag engraved with her bunny's name and phone number. the peace-of-mind is priceless!!
life with kids.
*sigh*
Post a Comment