Starburst Jellybeans are by far my favorite. Especially the green ones.
Can you tell?
Josh has taken to using my aluminum foil for braces. I had a good laugh when I saw it, because I totally remember doing this! In 6th grade. At my friend Robin Bradley's house. While we puffy painted our jean jackets, to be exact.
I made Karen's Chicken Salad for a baby shower a couple of weekends ago. Can I tell you how happy I was that there were leftovers? Man, I love that stuff.
Last week while I was getting ready for the day, Eva was busy making a small disaster in my bedroom and apparently playing with the phone. She was happy and wasn't hanging onto my legs as I applied my eyeliner {FYI: a toddler on your leg makes application a bit tricky} so I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later, I thought I heard a knock on the front door, so Eva and I made our way downstairs to answer it. When I opened the door, to my surprise there stood a police officer. He said they had received a 911 call from our home and asked if everything was okay. Just then, Eva peeked her little head around my legs and he chuckled. He knew right away what had happened. My little turkey called the po-po! He said he needed to come in and check everything out, so we let him in. To my huge embarrassment, he got to see our messy bedroom, post Hurricane Eva. It was awesome.
Lesson learned? Get ready for the day while Eva is still asleep.








9 Thoughts:
I LOVE the green ones too. I ate all of them.
Having the police walk through my house without notice, does not sound ideal. I would die!
Did you post that recipe for your chick sandwich? I would to have some again:) And I remember calling the police just for fun when I was little. hehe
my oldest called 911 when she was about a yr old too...embarresing!!! but always a good laugh!
oh no! But at least the cop was good humored about it :)
YUM! That chicken salad looks so good.
That is absolutely hilarious about the police call. At least now you know your go-to person if you are ever in trouble... Eva. :)
Now see, I'm way more of a red jellybean kind of person.
I too used to use tinfoil (and paperclips) for pretend braces. After actually having braces I can't figure out what the appeal was. Braces suck.
such a cute little family. that tinfoil on my teeth makes me screech, as that always hurt my sensitive mouth!!
p.s. thanks for your nice comment!
LOVED this post! I too have a major love for Chicken Salad. Can you pretty please post the recipe??
Those fake braces made me laugh out loud. So funny! And Eva is adorable--even if she called the po-po on you. :)
Oh my gosh so funny! How cute that she knew she was in trouble...love this post! Made me laugh!
~Star
Star Hughes Living
Post a Comment