She was a child of the 80's. Anything that involved girl-y and pink immediately caught her eye. Her Cabbage Patch Doll and Barbies were the pride of her little girl heart. She lived for her ESPRIT bag and her Keds. Debbie Gibson and Tiffany were on constant rotation in her tape deck, and blue eyeshadow combined with big bangs were a must.
As a teenager, she went through the standard awkward phase. For most of her teenage years, she resembled a 12 year old boy. She felt strange and out of place much of the time. But she had good friends and loved life. She joined the cheer team at 15 and finally felt like she fit. She found something she was good at. When she flew through the air or performed a jump, she felt alive. She ate, breathed and slept for cheer. She enjoyed high school and 16 years later, she still has fond memories.
At the age of 19, she married the boy of her dreams. Over the next 14 years, she had 4 beautiful babies.
And those babies...looked just like her.



10 Thoughts:
Sweet and lovely, just like you.
You did it, Tiffani! A post written with words from your heart. And Eva's name wasn't even mentioned. ;)
Loved this.
my sweet mother was too cheap to buy me the beloved ESPRIT bag that i so desperately wanted. instead, she sewed me an exact replica and no one was the wiser. ha! take that, ESPRIT and your simple, overpriced cloth tote.
also, she used to buy us keds knockoffs at mervyn's and peel the blue rubber keds logo off a worn out pair of actual keds and superglue it onto our generic wannabe's.
looking back now, it makes me laugh so hard that stuff like that mattered so much to us. but it did, and she did her best to accommodate our desire to fit in with the cool kids.....within her limited budget. :)
love her for that.
I described an exact day in your life on my blog today and you described me growing up here exactly on your blog. Except I was circa 1971. OH....we are so much alike and we have never even met!
I love the www! ♥ Your kids are adorable and Jake's smile stole my heart instantly!
You were (and still are) adorable!! This is the cutest post.
Tiffani Turtle you were an adorable little girl. And your babies are equally adorable. Such a cute post.
This was my precious baby girl!She was such a good baby,too! Tiff never really cried, or was fussy, unless she was hungry. She didn't even get fussy when she was cutting teeth, or when she got tired. She was extremely imaginative as well.
There were many times I would go downstairs to check on her and her brothers when they were playing, and she was always so much fun to watch. She would be playing with her Barbies,and Ken dolls and would have such grown-up conversations with them. It was so cute!
I loved my daughter then, and I love her far more now than I could have ever imagined possible for a mother to love her daughter. She continues to make me so very proud to be her mother everyday that I live on this earth. Thank you Tiffani so much for choosing me to be your mother here and in the eternities. I love you so very much!
Mom~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August of 1977 - that's when Donald was born too. Good month, good year, I guess!
Great post!
This is such a sweet post!!! Thanks for sharing such thoughtful stories from your childhood - so much fun to read. And I LOVE the part about you marrying the boy of your dreams at 19... I love those kind of fairytale love stories! :)
Star Hughes Living
Awwwh.
Post a Comment