I snapped this picture two weeks ago, as our children played in the surf at Newport Beach. It had been a gorgeous day. The kind of Southern California day that you hear about in songs and movies. Bright and sunny. Warm ocean breezes. Perfect. As the sun was making its way downward, Spencer nudged me and said "You have to get a shot of that." Thank goodness for husbands that pay attention to beautiful things.
Since returning, I've had this picture in my mind. I've been reliving those happy summer-like days spent playing at the hotel pool, walking miles and miles around Disneyland and California Adventure, seeing the look of magic in my children's eyes, eating the best Breakfast Burrito of my entire life. I've also spent a few moments cringing at the sunburn that So. Cal lovingly gifted me. {Note to self: more sunscreen.}
In short, I want to go back...
Until then, I'll have to fill the void with this nail color



11 Thoughts:
That is an incredible photo! I thought it was a professional shot that you copied from somewhere. Sounds like it was a fantastic vacation. I'm so jealous.
wearing 'meet me at sunset' this very second. hahaha! making me happy, too.
love, lindsay
Oh my, I love that nail color and that picture. We had a couple of gorgeous days clustered together this weekend and now we are left with crapiness the rest of the week. Can't wait for the beautiful sunny summer days to come and stay!!
That picture looks like a postcard! It makes me wish I lived closer to the beach. Who could blame you for wanting to go back to that! I'm with you. I could take a nice relaxing day at the beach, hanging out with the whole fam any day!
~Robin
Beautiful pic! Glad you had a great time on your vacation, now I am thinking maybe I need to go to Newport Beach.
mmmm, if you could bottle that perfect moment you would be one rich lady. I love the photo and the nail polish.
Wow, that's an amazing shot!! Beautiful photography. I'm bottling that up too (even though I live in Southern California!) until the sun comes out again!
Star Hughes Living
Great photo! I love sunsets at the beach because you can only get them once a day. I also love the nail polish color. It's almost like taking the sunset with you. I also like how it is a happy reminder of all the wonderful memeries wherever you go.
That picture is gorgeous! I want to go back there...and I wasn't even there! I bought some similar polish a few days ago and have yet to put it on. For shame!
Photo perfection. It's gorgeous. Hip hooray for successful vacations and great memories.
Been looking for a good summer color...thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment