Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School :: 2011 Edition


Even after watching her walk out the door at 6:45 this morning to catch her bus,  I was still slightly in denial that this was actually happening.  Standing there in my bathrobe with dripping hair, I watched her walk out the door; a  huge grin on her face and a spring in her step.  She was beyond excited.  Me?  I was fighting back the tears.  I swear I just dropped this child off at Kindergarten.  How did this happen so fast?


It's been a big week for this boy.  He turned 10, had a visit from grandparents and started the 4th grade.  He was feeling a little apprehensive to start school today, because as some of you may know, school is not Josh's favorite thing.  However, he came home this afternoon declaring it to be "the best day ever!".  As his mother, this is such a relief to hear.  Here's to hoping his new found enthusiasm lasts!

Even missing half his teeth, I'm positive that Jake is still the most photogenic person in our family!  This year Jake has the lucky opportunity to have the same teacher as he had for 1st grade.  When we heard that she was moving up to 2nd grade and wanted to keep her same class, I'm pretty sure I did a full on 'fist pump and may or may not have whooped out loud!  We love Mrs. H. and are thrilled that Jake gets to spend another year with her.

I love having these 'Back to School' pictures to look back on.  It reminds me of just how quickly these kiddos are growing.  It reminds me to slow down and enjoy these last moments of childhood with Hannah.  To take the time to listen to Josh talk about the cute girl in his class.  To put down my book and play a game with Jake.

Because these moments...they only come once.




10 Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Hannah looks like a little diva - I love it! Your kids are so darn cute! That is so awesome for Jake to get the same teacher again. That's pretty special!

Lovely Lindsay said...

i can't believe how grown up your hannah looks! love, love it. happy back to school harker kids!
love, lindsay

dandee said...

I know what you mean. Looking at these back to school shots make me realize how quickly my children really are growing up. So sad.

I'm glad your kids had a great day! They look so cute!

Stacee said...

I'm with you too...my oldest is in 6th...seems like it was just last year she was in kindergarten!! Now I have 3 all day at school and jacee will go only half day! One child for 3 hours is great!!

Ashley Calaway said...

Does Spencer own any guns? He might need to invest in some in the next couple of weeks. Look at Hannah! She is just gorgeous!! And Jake and Josh are about the most handsome little (big) fellas I have ever seen. Such cute kids! Sounds like school day #1 was a success :)

Casee said...

Oh my goodness, they are growing up! Hannah is seriously so lovely, she looks just like you!

Brooklet said...

Oh, Hannah is so beautiful! The boys look pretty handsome, too. Hope that the first day was great for all of them.

Christina said...

I love back-to-school pictures! And so glad to hear everyone is off to a great year so far. I agree- having my kids gone some makes me realize how much I want to treasure my time with them when they're home, and how lucky I feel to still snuggle my baby. It goes way too fast!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh, I just love back-to-school pics. And I agree, Jake is one photogenic boy!

Luisa Rodríguez said...

They look amazing! Great job. Hope one day I'll be able to write a similar post - I'm a newlywed looking forward to have kids!

Great blog. Hope you find the time to visit me too :P


mustbeliberating.blogspot.com