Well here I go again...time to log in for another quality parenting moment.
Josh woke up this morning with a fever and said that his throat was hurting, so naturally I called the other mom that I carpool with, and informed her that Josh would not be at preschool. I went to grab him some Motrin to get him started on his round the clock doped up fest and realized that we were almost out. So after dropping Hannah off at school, we made a quick run to WalMart. Just run in, grab the meds, some vitamins and juice and get going, that was the plan.
I zipped through the store, quickly tossing things into the cart, then went to pay. "Ahh, we made it". I hurried and payed for our things and headed to the van. On the way out, I thought I saw Eden and made an idiot of myself smiling and waving. Turns out it wasn't Eden after all, and the woman just stared at me wondering why this stranger was waving her down. Just as I opened the van door, Josh began puking. Thankfully, he missed getting the entire van, only just getting it on the step up into the van. He then was forced to toss his cookies in the parking lot.
So here I am trying to buckle Jake into his seat, while trying to help Josh during his saddest moment. I felt so bad for him. I then look up and wouldn't you know, the lady that I waved at has parked her van right across from me and is staring in horror at this scene. By now I am mortified and feeling so terrible for my son. I hurry and clean him up as best as I can, and pray the whole way home that he won't puke in the van.
So now he is officially doped up with kid drugs, and enjoying a sick day full of whatever movies he wants. Once again my superior skills at attention to detail pay off. He told me that he didn't want breakfast this morning, but I thought it was because his throat was hurting. No, no stupid, it's because his tummy was doing a not so happy dance and he couldn't bare the thought of food making it's way down.
One day, I'll have this parenting thing down.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Another one for the books
Posted by tharker at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 Thoughts:
Remind me to never go shopping at Walmart in Pasco. It sounds like a lot of people lose their breakfast there. I hope Josh starts feeling better.
Poor Josh. Hope he feels better soon. That poor, unsuspecting lady is probably wondering why you waved her over to watch Josh puke. "Hey lady, you gotta come check this out. Isn't it gross?" I wonder if she will ever want to go back to Walmart either. Shells, who else lost their breakfast there?
Oh, I am so sorry for you and Josh. I seriously freak out reading about you gals' kids getting sick in public. It is such a fear of mine. This is why if my kids even say they are not hungry or are acting extra crabby we do not leave the house.
Good laugh Tiff. It really purked up my Monday. Sorry to laugh at your misfortune.
At least it wasn't A) in the store or B) all over your car. There's always a bright side, right?!? I hope he's feeling better soon. Sounds like you could use a Pero with Chocolate Raspberry....
Yuck! Tiffani, I'm so sorry for your misfortune. I think every mom would have thought the same thing about breakfast. Don't feel so bad, you're not a mind reader!
Yuck! I hate it when kids are sick- its so sad. But don't be hard on yourself- just because he didn't want to eat breakfast could have been a hundred reasons- you didn't have a way to know! You are a great mom. I do especially enjoy the part about waving to a strange lady!!! It still makes me laugh.
I hope that josh feels better soon. I am always waving at people thinking that they are someone else. Have a great week.
I'm sorry to hear about Josh. I just got over being really sick myself. It was no fun...than I decided to go away on a road trip while I was still fevering, throwing up, with a sore throat, ear ache, head ache etc...it wasn't the best idea! I am still now recovering.
Post a Comment