Does anyone find it strange that I am yet again posting about food. First it was potato chips, now potatoes. Could there be a theme here...?
I was chatting with Monica this morning, discussing her 30th birthday and all of the joys that were had. She told me about the fabulous birthday meal that she had last night and it sounded so delightful, that I HAD to have it for myself. (oh yeah, and my family of course)
So for dinner tonight we had this yummy little chicken concoction that I think Monica made up. I quartered 2 chicken breasts and breaded them in a mixture of 2 Tbsp each; flour, Italian bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese(yes, the little grated stuff in the can!). I then cooked, okay fine, FRIED them in a little bit of oil and Voila, Delicioso!!
To go along with the chicken, Monica told me about these fantastic mashed potatoes that she had too. Warning: these taters are not for the faint of heart. And they are by NO means LOWFAT!! But they are delicious. I boiled 6 potatoes, and mashed them with the usual butter and milk, but for added yumminess I threw in 2 oz of cream cheese and 2 Tbsp parmesan(Again, the can!)
HELLO Fatty McButterpants! But it's SO worth every fat enriched morsel!
(I have to thank Megan for the use of "Fatty McButterpants". She said it once, and I died laughing! I've been waiting for just the right way to incorporate this little gem of a phrase)
We also had asparagus smothered in fresh lemon, a little bit of butter, and of course salt. I love asparagus! It's so greenly divine. To complete our use of the food pyramid, we had strawberries, which my children inhaled. And to top off this fat fest, we had brownies fresh from the Duncan Hines box of love!
If you've never tried potatoes with cream cheese, you are missing out! Mmm, mmm, good.
Potatoes have been good to me in this life, here's to hoping they are still around in the next one.
Monday, March 12, 2007
Please let there be potatoes in Heaven
Posted by tharker at 9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Thoughts:
Sounds delicious! I'll have to try the cream cheese in potatoes. Very indulgent!
Martha does the potatoes/cream cheese duo. She said her mother did it when she was growing up. Sounds yummy!!
Mmm cream cheese mashed potatoes are the best!! Sour cream with them is good too. :) I love taters..best food ever! Bad thing is that I just eat and eat them. I can't stop.
That sounds delicious! Thanks for the heads up.
Okay, seriously, you made this dinner for just your family? I don't cook like that even for company! How are you so skinny?!
Oh Yummmmy! I love a little cream cheese in my potatoes. I am with you potatoes are awesome. I think I am going to have to make that same meal for my family.
Why I am the chunky one when you're clearly the one obsessed with food??? You're moving right to the top of my list, right after Cindy and her amazing post baby body. I think I'll go drown my sorrows in my delicious snack of seven almonds....
This sounds so good! I love asparagus! Since we have lived here that is what has been growing in the front yard, but this year they plowed it under :(! Luke didn't mind he hates it, I am really going to miss picking it every night for dinner this year!
That sounds like a really nice meal, I will have to try the cream cheese potatoes.
Fattie McButterpants...I love it! That made me laugh. I _love_ potatoes, so I totally hear you on this. :)
Post a Comment