I love Oprah. I know that I've said it before, but I have to say it again. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, and she makes me think. I love that she gives very generously to others, including countless people that she doesn't even know! I love her because she features my new favorite M.D., Dr. Oz. What doesn't this man know? Who else can so fearlessly talk about poop? Dr. Oz and Oprah, that's who! Love it!
I love to watch her and Gayle sit on the couch and giggle like teenage girls. I loved watching her face every time Gayle started to sing on their little road trip last summer. She's just funny! She has fantastic giveaways. I think it's hilarious to watch her sing along and get her groove on whenever she has a favorite artist on her show. She's quite an amusing dancer.
I also love her because she broadens my vocabulary. I've learned many new words and their meanings through the years with Oprah, but none so fabulous as this little wonder. What is it, you might ask? Okay, I'll share. Here is my new favorite word, courtesy of Miss Winfrey herself.
I love to watch her and Gayle sit on the couch and giggle like teenage girls. I loved watching her face every time Gayle started to sing on their little road trip last summer. She's just funny! She has fantastic giveaways. I think it's hilarious to watch her sing along and get her groove on whenever she has a favorite artist on her show. She's quite an amusing dancer.
I also love her because she broadens my vocabulary. I've learned many new words and their meanings through the years with Oprah, but none so fabulous as this little wonder. What is it, you might ask? Okay, I'll share. Here is my new favorite word, courtesy of Miss Winfrey herself.
Schlumpadinka!!!!
I don't know why I get such pleasure out of this word. It just strikes me as very funny. "O" uses it to describe someone who has let them self go. I have days where I feel like a Schlumpadinka. And on those days, all I have to do is say this little phrase to myself. In my head or right out loud, it doesn't matter.
"I'm lookin' like a Schlumpadinka!"
It snaps me right out of my Schlumpadinka funk! Love it, love it, love it!!!
So go on, try it. It's a super fun word. You know you want to....



17 Thoughts:
I love it and I will use it in a sentance.... I looked like a real schlumpadinka when I saw you at Wal-mart on Saturday night.
You crack me up! I can totally picture you saying this! Too funny!
It's almost as fun as "badonkadonk"
That is hilarious. Some how it totally works to describe how a person would feel. Along with Kim H.,(who I've never seen look like a schlumpadinka) that's how I always look when I run into someone.
OH you have tapped into 2 things I LOVE ... words & Oprah. :) I have this little book of hers called - "What I know for sure" and I read it often! One of Oprah's favorite quotes is - I dwell in possibility. (It's one of my favorite quotes as well) ... Oprah inspires me and I love all the good things she does. Thanks for sharing the GREAT word ...
What a funny word! It's officially in my vocabulary.
Oprah is inspiring! Fun new word. I bet you smile every time you say it!
I love Oprah too, and get pretty defensive when people trash her.
That is a great word and I will try using it to get myself out of a funk!
Good new word to add to my vocabulary! I would love to hear you say it! I'm sure it's better in person!!
See! Isn't it fun?!!!
I can totally hear her bellowing it out with arms wide open!
HAHA! That is so fun to say! Luke is looking at me like I'm crazy saying this word! :)
Tiffani--I'm so glad I found you too!! I love your blog and seeing how big your kids have gotten! They are ADORABLE! How fun we can re-connect now!
A few days ago, I was blow drying my hair and I realized it seemed odd. Then I realized it had been like a week since I had actually styled my hair. Now I am glad to know this disorder has a name.
That's awesome. I love being inspired by people, and I love learning (and using) new words. Isn't it great to be so easily amused? I think it is.
I loved how she told Gayle that she wasn't going to find a man if she went to the store looking like a "schlumpadinka". And Gayle said not everybody wants to get dressed up to run out to get a paper and O said, "And who doesn't have a man?" Something like that... Did you see that one? So funny
Shoeaddict-Yes I did see that episode, SOOO funny! Thanks for commenting. I checked out your blog, and love the pictures of "your boyfriend"!
Post a Comment