Okay, I'm kind of freaking out.
I only have 9, okay almost 8 short days left of my 20's. My 20's are over! It seems so very strange to me that I won't be a twenty-something anymore. The 20's were good to me. I saw some of the best times of my life during those years. Technically I was married while I was still in my teens, but my twenties, ahh, they were good. My babies all came along in my 20's. I got really good hair in my twenties. It was the latter end of the 20's, but still...great hair.
What will my 30's bring? More babies? More great hair? Saggy body parts? Even though I am looking forward to the next decade, I'm nervous. It means I'm getting older, my kids are getting older. When I was first married, I would look at families at church who had kids in school, and I thought they were so old. Now, we're that family.
It's totally stupid, but I'm nervous. So I'm going to live out the rest of my 20's with gusto. I'm going to appreciate the time that I have left of this decade of my life.
Here's to the 20's.
They rocked!
Thursday, August 09, 2007
20's...going, going, gone
Posted by tharker at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 Thoughts:
Your 30's are going to rock even more. I think you'll still have great hair, have babies, and have no saggy parts. The best thing in your 30's is that you'll look so great that people will still think you are in your 20's! Actually, I take that back...the best part of your 30's will be the awesome, amazing friend of yours named Lindsay Bates, who will always be one glorious year younger than you!
So how are you going to live the rest of those 20's out with gusto? You know, those WHOLE 8 days left of it? Guess we'll have to do something fun!
I'm in denial. Most of my friends are now 30+. I was telling Kristin the other night that one day we are going to look at each other and say "When did we get so old". It's creeping upon us...
I feel the same way about getting to that number of 30. I don't feel like my friends that are over 30 are old, but I just feel that it's a new phase and that is intimidating to me. I too feel like we are that older family that has kids in school. Lots of young couples in our ward with just one baby and I'm old to them!
I'm sure the 30's will be great for you! Happy Early Birthday you old lady!! :)
Lins is right. You'll still look great and feel great too.
How are you going to go out of the 20's- any big plans??
Oh I've got some plans alright!
1.Laundry
2.Oil change
3.Vaccuum
4.Go to Utah next week
I told ya. Huge plans!
You should come and visit ME! I'll feed you spicy foods and give you manis and pedis and facials. I'll show you all kinds of really cool LA stuff.
Happy 30th
Yes, you will probably get the saggy body parts, but as much as I loved my 20's, I love my 30's even more! Happy early birthday!
Haven't you heard? 30 IS the new 20! I turned 30 last December. So far, it's been good :) I don't mind getting older - for now. I think I know myself better at 30 than I did at 20.
Happy Early Birthday :D
Mine is creeping up too, so scary! Luke just laughs at me, just another number he says! I guess the hard part is most of the time I still feel like a teenager, and with thirty, I am no where near it HA!
Yeah, I've heard that 40 is the new 30.
30 is the new 20
So does that make 20 the new 10?!
I was feeling nervous just like you about turning 30, but I'm here to tell ya, 30's ROCK! I'm happier now then I ever have been and that's a really cool thing. 30 IS the new 20 and you have absolutely nothing to worry about chica! :)
I love your blog.
Here's to everything that's happened, and everything that's ahead. It will be wonderful!
Here's to making 30 look good!
The big 30! You know what I think 30 is great, and lets get real is it really about how old you are number wise or the way you look? I for one think 30 is all about how you wear it, and you will wear it well. I have a very good friend who is 25 and she loves to tell me how old I am. One night we were out with our husbands at Applebees and the wait was so long so we decided to sit in the lounge. When we went in there our waitress had to card all of us, and I did not have my drivers license. The waitress said (and I promise I did not pay her) well we have a problem because you were the one in this group whoes age I am questioning. You should have seen the look on my 25 year old friends face. It was priceless. Have a happy birthday!
Post a Comment