Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blogging from a little place called Utah

This is my favorite find so far!
Jake loves his candy
Hannah looks utterly shocked to be enjoying her candy
Ben and Josh are quite the pair
Sweet Samantha sharing her goods


We are having a great time in Utah with Monica and company. All of the kidlets seem to be getting along quite swimmingly. (I love that word by the way)


Yesterday was a milestone day for this girl. I did two things that I have never done before, and enjoyed them both immensely. First, I had Cafe Rio for the very first time! I know, I know. How is it possible that I've been to Utah about a zillion times, but never had a bite of this yummy food? I had the Pork Barbacoa salad, and it was delish! Of course it would have been much better if they had remembered to give me the cilantro dressing, but oh well, it was still fabulous!


The second milestone for me occurred when I stepped in to Tai Pan Trading Company. Again, is it blasphemy that I have never been there? I've heard it said before that when you walk in, it is a bit overwhelming. That's an understatement! Not only is there SO much stuff, but for this decorating challenged girl, it's downright scary!!! I had no idea where to begin. But after an hour in there, I found a few cool things, my very favorite being a cool key rack thing to hang in my kitchen. I can't believe how reasonably priced everything is. I want to go back one more time before we leave!


Today, we are going to one of my favorite spots in Utah. Monica and I are heading up to Park City to the outlet mall! I'm so excited to get some good deals on school clothes for the kids, and maybe a few for me too! I love that place!


Spencer and Al are fishing until Friday night, so Monica and I are single parenting it for a few days. 2 moms + 5 kids+ 1 van = a super fun week right?


See ya when we get back....unless I find something super awesome that I want to share!

11 Thoughts:

Brooklet said...

Oh, I am jealous! It looks like so much fun, plus I love shopping with you guys in Park City.

I went to Tai Pan trading for the first time last month when I was in Utah- a lot of temptingly cute stuff, I just couldn't figure out how to get it back to PA.

Have a great time!!

Kris said...

How fun! I've never been to that store before. It sounds like it has a lot of fun stuff for your house! Have a great time shopping at the outlets today! I always love a good find at the outlets! Oh and Hannah's hair is absolutely adorable!

Melissa said...

Oh how fun! I've never been to either of those places. We are usually trying to hurry while we are in Utah. We're in California and family is in Idaho. So we just drive through. But perhaps we should stop! :)

Sarah said...

I never go to Utah, but that place looks so cool. I went to their website and they seem to have lots of neat stuff. Too bad you can't order online.

shoeaddict said...

So, what state do you live in? Are you from Utah? Is Monica your sister? Whoa with the questions, huh... well, inquiring minds and all that.

Have fun

April said...

Hey...I have the Pork Salad recipe AND the cilantro dressing recipe I can share with you when you get back- they are AWESOME! I love Cafe Rio...always make time for it when I'm down!

Another place you should check out if you liked Taipan (and that cool wrought iron rack you got!) is Rodworks. There's a few around the valley, they are great, and I always go nuts when I'm there!

Heather said...

I haven't been there either.... Tai Pan I mean.

I'm making that mission now- next time I'm in Utah I'm there.

tharker said...

Kristen(a.k.a shoe addict)

I live in Washington State, Monica is my sister in law, and nope I'm not from Utah, we just love to come see Monica and fam whenever we can.

shoeaddict said...

Ok, gotcha. Was asking my really good friend, Lindsay Arnett, if she knew you. She's from Utah but, you're not. I'm an idiot.

Marilyn said...

Tiffani, that picture of Hannah looking shocked is so funny. That expresion is hilarious.

Have fun in Utah.

hatch said...

I love the look on Hannahs face! It looks like you are having so much fun! I need to go to Tai Pan trading so bad! You are lucky!