Saturday, I took a little stroll to the mailbox, and to my surprise, found an adorably handmade card from Brooke, containing a sweet note, and a gift card from her and one of my other sisters in law, Michelle. Knowing me as well as they do, they gave me a gift card to my favorite place, and it absolutely made my day, or evening, as it was 9pm when I finally picked up the mail.
I saw the opportunity to practice my hand at keeping my goal. Ya know, sending "thank you's". So I immediately ran out to Walmart (okay, so I was already planning on going, but whatever) and picked up two packs of cards. Yes, I could make them. But then people would wonder what they ever did to make me hate them, because the cards would be so ugly. To be safe, I settled on a couple of cute designs from Wally World instead. I came right home and penned a very happy thanks to each of my dear sisters in law, including Monica who very thoughtfully gave me Twilight and New Moon for my birthday. Yeah, yeah, so it's over a month later that I'm sending her an official thank you, but at least it's not 10 years!
With my gift card burning a hole in my purse, I rushed out to The Mecca first thing after dropping the kids off at school this morning, and found myself an adorable little 3 button Sweater Jacket in a lovely rusty red shade. I also picked up some cute nail polish and some make up. It was so much fun to walk through my favorite store on the planet knowing that Brooke and Shells wanted me to get something fun just for moi. I did not let them down!
I have 3 fantastic sisters in law don't I?
They totally deserve my first "Thank You" cards!
Monday, October 01, 2007
3 "thank you's" down, a million more to go
Posted by tharker at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 Thoughts:
Ooh, to complete your thank you to me (for getting you your gift over a month late) I would love to see a pic of you in your lovely birthday Rusty Red Sweater!
I am so glad that you got fun, fun stuff for you!
See, now isn't there something satisfying about writing a "Thank You" too??
Sure sounds like you have three amazing sister in laws. You are so lucky.
;)
Kepp it up. It feels good doesn't it?
Good job sticking with your resolution. And handmade card or not, it's the thought that counts.
Found your site from Laurie's. How fun to go shoping quilt free and buy whatever you want! Gift cards are my most fav. gifts to get. Also good job on your "Thank You" notes. I have a hard time with those too.
Saw you loved The Office. Me too!! It is always nice to meet other flans ;).
Way to go! I have a ton to catch up on from Tia and Howie's B-day! It's so nice when they can start to write their own!
Good for you! You've inspired me. Hopefully that inspiration will translate into action...
You have some good determination to continue writing thank you cards. Good Job! What fun to get things in the mail!
It's NEVER too late to send a thank you or to be grateful.
So what's you're favorite place? I'm debating about making a trip to the crazy house (a.k.a. the new Kohls)today...wondering if it's going to be worth it!
I too need to be better about my thank you's. It's a lost art, and one I want my kids to be good at...so I'd better get working at it!
April,
TARGET of course!
I love getting handwritten cards. This was heartwarming just to read it.
They deserved the thank you cards, but I'm sure you deserved the gifts, too. :)
Post a Comment